mod on me parker hale

nicholiath

I was worried fitting a mod to my 30.06 ph would ruin its look, But i think it looks fine. it has also tamed the muzzle flip and tightened up grouping. I have also oiled the stock. the old varnish was an abs20120501_214307.jpgolute pig to remove.

Do you know that you've got the bolt handle on the wrong side? :)

Only joking, us poor lefties have to make the best of any chance we get!

I think the stock looks really well and you've done a great job on it. A friend recently bought a PH and put a bit of working into oiling the stock and it came up a treat. I've got a plastic Blaser and, well, it looks like a bit of plastic with a steel rod pushed through it - you just can't beat a bit of wood.

In the end most rifles look a bit more balanced without the mod but mods are now so common that it is becoming "normal" to see rifles with them fitted and I think our tastes are evolving along with that. Even if you don't like the look of the mod, and like you I think it looks fine on your rifle, it is well worth having it to protect your hearing.

Is that the Parker Hale 1200.
How does it shoot.
I am currently looking at one in 3006

Regards Hotshot3006
they shoot fantastic. have a look in the reloading section for a pic of an 85yd group with this rifle. it is in the thread for federal powershok cloning

The rifle looks to be a 1200 Super ;) and despite the use of sound mods becoming increasingly common adding nearly 2lbs to the barrel end does ruin the balance of the rifle let alone it's looks:-

PICT0103.jpg

Parker-Hale 1200C (removable magazine model) in 25-06 with the same type of moderator.

The draw back with wood is that different pieces can vary in weight an awful lot. The stock on this 1200c is very heavy. Without the moderator fitted the rifle and scope weigh nearly 10lbs. Add moderator, bi-pod, sling and 4 rounds in the magazine and it goes over 12 lbs.

PICT0093.jpg

PICT0091.jpg

This stock had an oiled finish, not all had the poly finish on them, nice grain needs more oiling to really bring it out.

Not too bothered about weight as i am a big strong boy anyway ! you may also notice that i have sanded the sharp roll over off the comb as 30.06 recoil was a bit sharp on my cheek!

Can I pick your brains?

I have a Moderator on my ticket for my 25-06. I have a stainless Sako 75. So adding a standard Mod isn't going to be a beauty parade winner for me.

Its about £400 to have my barrel turned and buy a mod and althought it would be good to have its not my highest priority. If I dont do it before my renewal what would you rate my chances of my FEO giving me the next 5 years to save up to ruin my baby?

Can I pick your brains?

I have a Moderator on my ticket for my 25-06. I have a stainless Sako 75. So adding a standard Mod isn't going to be a beauty parade winner for me.

Its about £400 to have my barrel turned and buy a mod and althought it would be good to have its not my highest priority. If I dont do it before my renewal what would you rate my chances of my FEO giving me the next 5 years to save up to ruin my baby?

can't see it being a problem.

Cheers guys. I hope its not going to be an issue. I can understand the logic that says you havent missed a rifle in the last 5 years so you clearly dont need it but dont feel a moderator should be such a problem.

I guess if i had to sacrifice anything though, that would be it.

Hope its not an issue anyway. Will see what they have to say.

Back