Thread: Great weekend with JRoe at Cromal Bank

Great weekend with JRoe at Cromal Bank

I just wanted to say a few words about the weekend I spent up near inverness with JRoe.

I was a slighty awkward customer as my glass ankle meant I couldn't walk too far over rough ground. This was no problem as JRoe put together a bespoke weekend that was just the right ammount of stalking.

There were LOADS of deer about and John put me on a couple of bucks but I refused a neck shot and we ran out of light on another. Still had a fantastic time and I think John was more dissapointed than me that I didn't get anything!
    (Although I did smoke my first fox)

All in all I had a wonderful time in a great part of the world with good company. It was the perfect reintroduction to stalking after a long time out and I will definetly be back up there soon.

Admc26

Quote Originally Posted by Admc26 View Post
    I just wanted to say a few words about the weekend I spent up near inverness with JRoe.

I was a slighty awkward customer as my glass ankle meant I couldn't walk too far over rough ground. This was no problem as JRoe put together a bespoke weekend that was just the right ammount of stalking.

There were LOADS of deer about and John put me on a couple of bucks but I refused a neck shot and we ran out of light on another. Still had a fantastic time and I think John was more dissapointed than me that I didn't get anything!
    (Although I did smoke my first fox)

All in all I had a wonderful time in a great part of the world with good company. It was the perfect reintroduction to stalking after a long time out and I will definetly be back up there soon.

Admc26
    Thanks for your kind words - - they're most appreciated. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. I was disappointed not getting you one but you know the problems. Roe are a bit like a cross between "Will o' the Wisp" and Women - - and I for one don't think I'll ever entirely understand either! There are certainly plenty around - - another Stalker was out this morning and caught up with two of them - - including your one where the darkness beat us.
    I was really chuffed when you got the Fox - - you certainly "smoked" him. A good sized old Dog about 160 yards away -- he didn't know what hit him !

I'm looking forward to your next visit.

ATB

John
    " not the end of the world, - - but you can see it from here ! "