Thread: Greetings from your newest Member

Blog Entries

Greetings from your newest Member

Hi there all.

6 years ago with the birth of child number 3 my wife said "Of course you will have to give up shooting" so I wound down my activities.

Prior to this I was shooting every weekend, some evenings and doing a bit of guiding on 1000 acres I had a lease on and a few friendly local farms.

My wife was probably quite right to want my support. Now I spend my weekends as the kids taxi service, unpaid pony groom and just plain old knackered. Serves her right I've put on a few stone not walking 15 miles on the weekends!

Well my renewal comes up in August and I have made it clear that this break was forced and unwelcome and I have apparently earned enough credits to be allowed one hobby back. I had to pick up a couple of items on my ticket as use it or lose it and of course did a bit of zeroing. Well I have the bug and am desparate to get back in to my sport.

I shoot 25-06 for Deer, Fox and Feral Pig. I hold DSC1. Not sure I knew about DSC2! I did this and my Deer Management Qualification too with Mike at Jelen. (Glad to see you are still going Mike and hope you kept your sense of humour. You remain one of the most naturally funny people Ive ever met! ). I also have a.22 and love my new .17 HMR. I shot smallbore at county level for Middlesex before we moved closer to Bisley. Mikes mob pronounced me a " A Steely eyed messenger of death" (Wouldn’t go that far with a hunting rifle but you get the idea) I hold an "Open" ticket and an FAC Shotgun so the FEO thinks I'm sane. I also have a busy Springer Spaniel that would be great for flushing if not a proven gundog.

I have stalked Roe, Muntjack and Fallow so I would love to fill in the gaps. Never been to Scotland stalking and probably not fit enough to at the moment but have hunted Possums in New Zealand!

On the upside I live in just the right spot on the Dorset/ Wilts and Somerset borders, I’m still solvent and I never let anyone down. My word is my bond.

Is there anybody in the area that could help me get backinto shooting? Open to stalking, lamping, rough shooting, pigeons, syndicate, whatever really!

Welcome to the site, and good luck,

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

welcome to the site
    where abouts you too village / town ? regards pete .

Blog Entries
    I'm just off the A303 near Mere and Zeals.

well its your lucky day your about ten mins from me i will take you out on a stalk
    might also be some lamping as well im after a new lamp man son just moved away
    I like the fact your word is your bond and you sound a bit competitive
    P M inbound with my mobile regards pete .

Blog Entries
    Pete. Thank you mate. Lovely to talk to you. Hope to catch up soon.