Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: In memory of Pheasant Sniper 1's Nephew.

In memory of Pheasant Sniper 1's Nephew.

Many of you will have read Terry's post about the tragic loss of his nephew, Michael, in a road traffic accident recently. He was only 17. Events like that show how trivial our day-to-day concerns really are in comparison.
    My wife did the Abersoch 10km last year, and I agreed to enter this year's run on Saturday 9 June. I'm not a runner, I weigh 15 stone and I haven't done much training, but I'll give it my best shot.
    I pm'd Terry and asked if there was a cause that I could raise some money for in Michael's memory. Terry suggested the RNLI as Michael was a keen sailor. Any sponsorship I raise will be donated in memory of Michael. Please let me know if you're willing to sponsor me.

Hi Rupert,

Thanks for your thoughtfull pm's

I will pass this news around the family

How can we sponsor you? will it be through a giving page or direct

Best of luck with your training mate, we weigh about the same so i should be joining you i recon.

Best of luck and thanks again

Terry & Family
    Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...

Terry,
    I'll try and sort out a 'just giving' page, as I think that helps the RNLI to reclaim the tax. I'll be setting the alarm early for tomorrow!
    All the best to you and your family.
    Rupert

I`ll sponsor you mate, just let us know when the method is sorted.

I will sponsor you Rupert
    regards pete .

Thanks, lads. Just been out for a quick run (it wasn't that quick, to be honest!). I'll have a look at just giving later, and put up a link.

Stick my name down mate.
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

Put me down for a sponser

Best of luck

Quote Originally Posted by Moonraker68 View Post
    Many of you will have read Terry's post about the tragic loss of his nephew, Michael, in a road traffic accident recently. He was only 17. Events like that show how trivial our day-to-day concerns really are in comparison.
    My wife did the Abersoch 10km last year, and I agreed to enter this year's run on Saturday 9 June. I'm not a runner, I weigh 15 stone and I haven't done much training, but I'll give it my best shot.
    I pm'd Terry and asked if there was a cause that I could raise some money for in Michael's memory. Terry suggested the RNLI as Michael was a keen sailor. Any sponsorship I raise will be donated in memory of Michael. Please let me know if you're willing to sponsor me.
    ......I managed to haul myself round the Manchester 10km when I was a sylph-like 14st 10lbs, so you'll be fine. You've seen what an athletic physique I sport!

(I'll give you a buzz in the next few days for a catch-up.......assuming I can pin you down in betwen training sessions. Cue "Eye of the Tiger" .....)
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

I'll chip in a bit. Real shame about Terry's lad and the RNLI boys do one heck of a job.

Good luck with your run. You'll so fine on your run. I did 11.1 on Saturday for charity as part of the works team and I'm no slim jim!