Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brocock Air Cartridge Question

Brocock Air Cartridge Question

Several years ago i acquired some Borcock air cartridge guns at the time you could just buy them.
    Then the government in the infinite wisdom made it so you had to have them on an FAC which is what we did.
    The real question is;
    Can i sell them?
    Who too?
    And what are they worth?

I have a 7 shot Winchester repeater
    3 x Colt Peacemakers

All are original 18whatevers just with the cylinders and barrels changed.

Thanks Phil

The answer is no!

None of the self contained cartridge systems can be sold on, they have to stay with you for the rest of its life... then submitted for distruction.

I still have my Brocock predator carbine rifle & am in the same boat.
    Dont use it, but dont want to see it destroyed.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion... it's just that yours is stupid!!

I re-discovered one of these a few months ago. They are a MAJOR NO NO. Unless you had them applied to your FAC pre 2004, when there was an amnesty, I'm 99.9% certain they are now considered a section 5 firearm, and highly illegal. Get caught with it, and don't be surprised if you get in some very deep water, and lose your FAC.

I took advice from the BASC, who very kindly called my firearms dept, on my behalf, where it was agreed they would come and collect the gun, and have it destroyed.

Get it sorted out !!!

ooooo i had the predator multishot , lost count of how many cartridges i lost at 22 a pop , lol

arnt the revolvers totally illegal now , folk were reboring them for live ammunition?

I've had them many years and their all legit on an FAC so nothing illegal about me having them I just hate the fact they just sit in the cabinet and there's nothing I could do about it. Could really have done with the money from them. What about compensation if they were to be destroyed? It's not my fault they were banned and why should I lose out?
    Sad state of affairs

I've had them many years and their all legit on an FAC so nothing illegal about me having them I just hate the fact they just sit in the cabinet and there's nothing I could do about it. Could really have done with the money from them. What about compensation if they were to be destroyed? It's not my fault they were banned and why should I lose out?
    Sad state of affairs

Not too sure about the rifle, I do know that the revolvers were made a Section5/lifetime Section 1 item, as has been stated

I seem to recall that some folk exported theirs...though I have no idea if this could still be done - IF it could be it'd be a case of adding them to a European Firearms Passport...BUT I have a feeling that this would be a non-starter too (even though they are still perfectly legal in most of europe)

If they were mine I'd use them as much as possible rather than see them sitting dormant in a safe

I don't know wether to just have the deactivated if possible and then I could have them out of the cabinet.
    Thier a right ball ache to use having to pump up each individual cartridge and you fire them a lot quicker than you load them.

Blog Entries
    I wonder how easy it is to export these?

Theoretically I could buy a Brocock and have it shipped to an overseas address where there isnt any restriction? I was thinking Greece.

Any experience guys?

Are the shells for brococks illegal???