Thread: Sony exmor low light sensor

Sony exmor low light sensor

Thought i would post this clip showing how good the sony exmor sensor is, hard to imagine but the light has all but gone i dont know how it does it as i struggled to clearly make these deer out with the naked eye as they crossed a ride at last light tonight.
    Ok the image is a bit unstable and not the same as daytime filming but you can even make the yellow of rape out in the distance, a proper bit of kit that beats my old jvc by a long chalk.
    By this time in the evening the old camera would be packed away an i would be heading for the motor, anyone wanting a camcorder for filming stalking clips early morning or late evening the sony with exmor is very good bit of kit. df
    Last edited by Double four; 17-05-2012 at 21:52.

BobAs you know I am looking for a camera to do just this sort of thing. Thanks for posting and sending me the other clips as well. What model is this camera and what's the zoom capacity on it?

Brian its a sony hdr-xr160e 42x zoom dont know how much optical it has without looking it up but more than plenty for what i need.
    I never use its digital zoom as its pants, its about a year old now so it will have been replaced with the newer model i think john robson uses the newer model. df

Nice footage, hard to believe it is last light

Hey Guys well i think that in a CMOS sensor, the pixels,sign readout circuit and operator are all designed into a single processor. By improving each of these elements, Sony models has improved both rate and picture quality.Thanks!!
    Last edited by markspend01; 20-07-2013 at 09:47.

Quote Originally Posted by markspend01 View Post
    Hey Guys well i think that in a CMOS sensor, the pixels,sign readout circuit and operator are all designed into a single processor. By improving each of these elements, Sony models has improved both rate and picture quality.Thanks!!

S-Type Beams