Thread: Yet another from Aberdeenshire

Yet another from Aberdeenshire

Hello to all,

I've been looking in on The Stalking Directory for quite some time but have only now taken the plunge and registered.

I am also registered with UKvarminters where I have been posting photos under the user name 7X64.

I too live just outside Aberdeen, Elrick to be exact, not far from some of the other members by the sound of it.

Most of my shooting is for Roe on ground at Durris (same block as auquhollie). I used to be in a Pheasant shoot at Insch but that was folded after the Landowner had a change of heart regarding rearing and shooting birds over his ground.

For Roe I favour a 6mm BR from RifleCraft, my rifle for bigger stuff is a 6.5X284 by Russell Gall.
    My game gun (semi retired these days) is a beautiful old Daniel Fraser (12g) lovingly restored by Graham Mackinlay.

I find myself more and more heading out with the camera, was fortunate to find 3 or 4 Red Kites that have recently taken up residence very close to where I live so my aim is to try and get some pics redal soon.
    I've also been spending a bit of time trolling the roads around Dunecht Estate trying to find some boxing Hares. Not easy to find.

Anyway, nice to be here among some like minded individuals.
    All the best.

auquhollie; Do you have the Napalm ready for this years bracken problems?

cheers

Steve

Welcome steve,

Yeah i am not looking forward to the middle valley this year. I have about 6 high seats to go in soon

Ads

Hi Ads,

Let me know if you need any assistance.
    Was never really one for highseats myself, as you know there are already a number on the ground but I've still to try even one of them.

Did you get a copy of the arial photo from Paul? Quite impressive.
    Just wish we had an option for the bracken.

cheers

Steve

Hi Ads,

Let me know if you need any assistance.
    Was never really one for highseats myself, as you know there are already a number on the ground but I've still to try even one of them.

Did you get a copy of the arial photo from Paul? Quite impressive.
    Just wish we had an option for the bracken.

cheers

Steve

Yeah, i am not really the high seat kind of person but up there they can produce the goods. Not sure what top do with the bracken. Maybe have to assess it soon though.

Ads

hi i have been working round tarland area seen lots or brown hares from the road you will get some good pic's there

Hi Gadget,

If the weathers fine over the weekend I'll have a drive around the Tarland area and see whats what.

Many thanks

Steve