Need a goat for the day

Simjim33

Has any one in Southampton area got a goat I could borrow for a day or so? The grass has gone mad and We just can't be assed to mow it.

This is the wife's idea BTW.

we have one,

she is called "houdini" for a reason,
they are suprisingly picky about food unless not given a choice.
dont get sheep, they look for new and interesting ways to die,

last week the sports turf at school was so wet i considered putting ewes and lambs on it, 50 acres of sopping wet fields and no mowing started to get me down but this week we have got caught up ,come on man pull your finger out ! :D

dont get sheep, they look for new and interesting ways to die,

I don't disagree with that but have a slight ammendment to make:

They wait until you've just injected them with about £100 worth of stuff the vet gave you, then they look for new and interesting ways to die.

Actually you don't need to inject the stuff into the sheep, you can also inject it into yourself! A friend recently went to jag a sheep and managed to bury the needle into his own leg, and inject the contents. I know this was an achievement but if he'd been going for an interview I'd have said to mention it as a shows an significant committment to animal welfare. The A&E doctors were a bit bemused but after carefully studying what he had injected himself with they decided that he was in no significant danger.

Not sure how much grass a goat eats, but my guinea pigs could probably do a school football field in a day (if I had enough runs to get them all out at the same time!)

ours got out of a 6foot fenced in area, she wandered along our drive and up next doors,

and removed every flower head in their garden, he thought it was funny, his wife wasnt so happy.

We have one, I call it 'That evil B*****d' The main trouble with them is that they much prefer roses, tulips, crysanthemums and any garden shrubs, to grass.

We have one, I call it 'That evil B*****d' The main trouble with them is that they much prefer roses, tulips, crysanthemums and any garden shrubs, to grass.

I can agree with this, we have 2 pygmy goats and they clear the buds off everything under 4' high when let out of their run and never touch the grass!

I've a mother in law which could help coz she's an old goat. Kiboshed my latest attemp to go to Scotland with her blithering on about kids etc!

I'd happy chain her to your lawn / bloody old crow...

T

last week the sports turf at school was so wet i considered putting ewes and lambs on it, 50 acres of sopping wet fields and no mowing started to get me down but this week we have got caught up ,come on man pull your finger out ! :D
Hang on , you considered putting sheep on a school sports field ? in a previouse thread you stated that you shot some geese on the sports field as their dropping could be a health and safety issue .

tongue in cheek trouble :doh:, although before i started at the school ten yrs ago sheep were grazed on the rugby fields during the summer hols ...saved on fert .as for H/S i am swamped in it when it suits the powers to be :mad:.

Back