Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rimfire scope

rimfire scope

Hi folks,

I'm looking for a simple, robust scope for a .22. Preferable in the region of 6 x40 - 8 x50 (fixed rather than variable), and no bells and whistles (no IR, no AO etc etc). Price under 100.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Although you said fixed mag

I use a hawke 3-9x40 at around 50 and 20 for dovetail mounts it is a brilliant scope, mine has held a constant zero over the two years I have had it ( and it gets knocked and covered in mud).

I am not a Hawke fan having inherited two on rifles, sure I may not have been lucky there though.
    I have 4 rimfires and none of them is adorned with anything worth more than 100
    1 Walther (despite your non variable/IR request) which is bullet proof and seems to just take abuse.
    1 Leupold very clear for the money
    1 Nikko Stirling - Old one not the crappy new version

all bought second hand, all very useable and all well under 100

I have a Hawke Eclipse with a MAP8 reticle on my Anschutz 17/10. Absolutely brilliant, know your range put the appropriate dot on the rabbit from 20 to 125 yards and in most cases drop it.
    I just cannot see the point in spending large amounts on scopes for rimfires.

i use redfield on my 22 and 17hmr 200 and what a scope for the money 3x9-50 excellent day or night

Established Poster Muddy Springer's Avatar
    el cheapo Hawke map-pro on both 22 and 17. for the last 5 years. never has an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by old keeper View Post
    I have a Hawke Eclipse with a MAP8 reticle on my Anschutz 17/10. Absolutely brilliant, know your range put the appropriate dot on the rabbit from 20 to 125 yards and in most cases drop it.
    Ditto
    " not the end of the world, - - but you can see it from here ! "

Quote Originally Posted by old keeper View Post
    I can't seem to find these on the web. Anyone know if they are still doing them / where I can get one please?.

fraser

http://www.deben.com/hawke-rifle-scopes.html
    Perhaps this is what you are after?
    "Smoke me a kipper - i'll be back for breakfast"

Quote Originally Posted by private fraser View Post
    I can't seem to find these on the web. Anyone know if they are still doing them / where I can get one please?.

fraser
    They're discontinued but there's a couple on ebayhttp://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HAWKE-MAP-...274#vi-content
    Virtutis Gloria Merces