Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Roe Stalking near Inverness

Roe Stalking near Inverness

Roe Stalking for skilled or novice Hunters. Bring your own Rifle or you’re welcome to use my .243 or .223. Instruction available if required. From only £80 per outing (Approx four hours). No Trophy fees but a good bottle of Malt would be appreciated if you get yourself a decent one!

B&B also available ( £25 pppn) - - www.cromalbank.com - - with pickup from Airport or Railway Station if required. Why not fly in to Inverness Airport which is only 5 mins away, stay over for a couple of days and do as many or as few Stalks as you fancy.Looks like it could be a good year - - there are more Bucks about than ever before.Good easy walking areas - - mixed arable with plenty woodland. Good looking companions/ wives/girlfriends are always extra welcome and you may take your Venison home with you for a moderate £1 per pound. Here's a link if you want an idea of the ground - -
    Flash Earth - Zoom into satellite and aerial imagery of the Earth in Flash

It is mainly the woodland on the east side marching with the Fort George Ranges on the west.
    Contact me, John Ross on 01667 462 166 or 07774 742 227 or cromalbank@aol.com for more info and available dates etc.

Thankyou.
    " not the end of the world, - - but you can see it from here ! "

Hi John, I thought I knew that area well, but that wee village next to Fort George I always called Ardersier, since when has it been Campbelltown?

Campbell-town and Stewart-town have only merged into one Village since the 70's. The post office kept them seperate for ease of postal deliveries. Although they have been informally called Ardersier for many years. Ardersier, originating from the parish of 'Ardersuir, Arthursire' documented around 1773.

Quote Originally Posted by .25-06 View Post
    Campbell-town and Stewart-town have only merged into one Village since the 70's. The post office kept them seperate for ease of postal deliveries. Although they have been informally called Ardersier for many years. Ardersier, originating from the parish of 'Ardersuir, Arthursire' documented around 1773.
    Well explained .25-06. Further back a little fishing Hamlet called Blacktown sat on the proposed site of Fort George. The people were moved along the beach a bit and settled on Cawdor (Campbells) and Moray Estates (Stuarts) lands hence the names. We had a band turn up here one weekend looking for the Hall in Campbelltown to play for the dance. Sadly they were meant to be in Argyllshire !!

JR

Quote Originally Posted by philross View Post
    Hi John, I thought I knew that area well, but that wee village next to Fort George I always called Ardersier, since when has it been Campbelltown?
    Aye Phil thanks for bringing that to my attention. I've just emailed Paul Neave who runs FlashEarth to ask for it to be changed. It'll be interesting to see if it happens.

Cheers

John

Bump

A very big thankyou to John & Alison for the amazing couple of days my friend Egis and i enjoyed in your company

We both couldnt pass up the opportunity of some stalking to break up our long trip from Poole to Stromness for a week diving the fleet at Scapa

John has some of the best Woodland Roe stalking i have ever seen.

We saw plenty of deer and plenty of deer saw us

John accompanied Egis whilst we stalked numerous woods over the two days.

We both had bucks in our sights but didnt manage to grass one, i had an amazing stalk through some challenging woodland after the doe spotted me and lifted an unseen buck with her, i stalked them both through the wood and managed to get up on them a further two times but couldnt get the shot.

We both had an amazing time, the accomodation is first class as is the stalking and the warm welcome..

If your looking for stalking with a true gentleman i highly recommend John & Alison

Thanks again

Terry & Egis
    Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...

Hey Terry - - I'm blushing !! - - thanks for your v kind words -- I'm so glad you survived Scapa - - been worried since you left !
    Thanks for coming here and we look forward to seeing you both again sometime.

ATB

JR

I can only agree with you there Terry. Fantastic Stalking & a more decent bloke you will never meet in JR.

Can only agree with what others have already said... John is a great chap with some great stalking grounds. His B&B is a modern, clean and relaxing environment to stay in. Highly recommend.

Sticks