Thread: Inport tax & shipping on bullet tips from the US from cliffs gunsmithing

Inport tax & shipping on bullet tips from the US from cliffs gunsmithing

Hi lads just started reloading and i have purchased some Nosler Ballistic Tip Hunting .308 125gr (50) from http://www.cliffsgunsmithing.com/ when i finished the transaction it said about a postage charge which i would have to pay at a later date. Today i got a comfirmation saying that they had been despatched. I have not payed any shipping yet . Just seeing if any one order from them to see about shipping and inport charges

IF they are spotted by Customs & Excise you will have to produce an FAC to collect them as they are Section 5 bullets (not a type that can be posted within the UK from an RFD direct to your door)

ITAR rules in the USA mean that without a specific export permit, they are also restricted from being mailed out of the USA

Not saying I agree with either rules - just thats sadly the way things go at times!!

With regard to VAT/Import Duty - depends on the total price & shipping price once they land in the UK

....fingers crossed!
    Last edited by saddler; 18-05-2012 at 20:21.

Cliff is very experienced when sending bullets to UK. His postage is by 'Flat Pack first Class' and normally takes about a week to arrive. He will have weighed them to get the exact weight not to incur any extra postage charges.
    I have dealt with him for a long time and recently had 200 sierra soft point bullets from him without any problems.

It was my understanding that because they have been posted direct to a UK customer from the US they are exempt, its only if they are posted within the UK, if that makes sense?
    As long as you pay the vat/import duty and don't exceed your limit on your FAC it should be ok.
    Never actually done it myself but with the cost of bullet heads over here it makes sense to.
    Cheers
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by EMcC View Post
    Cliff is very experienced when sending bullets to UK. His postage is by 'Flat Pack first Class' and normally takes about a week to arrive. He will have weighed them to get the exact weight not to incur any extra postage charges.
    I have dealt with him for a long time and recently had 200 sierra soft point bullets from him without any problems.
    +1 Cliff is great to deal with had no problems with postage or taxes

Bullet head used to be a way of describing someone who had a crew cut or shaved head,
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

If the bullet is called a 'Bullet Head' what do you call the other end ? a bullet 'Bum' ?