Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: off to america

off to america

I'm off to America soon (florida) and ill be taking a visit to the http://www.basspro.com/Optics/_/S-425001000 im completely new to stalking and rifles but am looking for a bargain rifle scope for probably a .243 anyone here see anything worth buying? advice would be great. I might even be able to get some bino's if the price s right.

Thanks

Buy scopes from here and get them sent to your USA address / hotel

http://www.samplelist.com/default.as...ide_sold=False

Damn cheap.

Also I would suggest you print out a copy of this and keep it with you when returning.

Thank you for electronic message of October 26, 2010, to the
    Transportation Security Administration Contact Center asking about the
    transport of a reloading press, a powder scale, and other items aboard
    commercial aircraft.

The reloading press, dies, powder scale, empty un-primed brass
    cartridge cases, bullet heads, rifle scopes, and bullets are permitted
    in checked baggage. We do recommend, however, that you carry the rifle
    scopes through the screening checkpoint since these items are permitted
    in the aircraft cabin. Doing so would afford the item better protection
    against potential damage.

I hope this information is helpful.

Sincerely yours,

Chad Bash
    Acting Deputy General Manager for Mission Support
    Office of Security Operations

Unquote

I hope you've been saving up......;-)
    Last edited by Eyefor; 19-05-2012 at 10:15. Reason: spill chucked
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).

thanks for that, i have been saving up but works going a bit slow now and the vans got to go into the garage after all that hope to find the money to get something nice, and maybe a bit of sport fishing

Travel light and buy a couple of big bags when you are there to bring back all the gear you will buy.

Sounds like Chad Bash has had a knock on the "Head"..................... "Bullet Heads" and also "Bullets", all in the same shipment!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

mate i am off to orlando in 6 weeks time , this will be my 8th visit , best tip i can give you is take an empty case and fill it with as much as you can , savings are huge from bass pro ( the one at festival bay is awesome ) , ps remove eveything from the box and take off price stickers

I have been in and out of the U.S. for the past 6 years. I just buy a large holdall/sports bag when i'm there and fill it with loads of stuff from Bass Pro. Scopes, reloading dies, case trimmers, knives, air pistols, clothes and anything else i fancy. I pack this bag out with clothes and toys for the kids from Walmart, check it in at the airport without any locks on the bag and collect in the U.K. I have never had a problem with once as im not buying anything illegal in the U.K. I dont open any packaging or anything, nearly everytime there is a note inside saying customs have searched my bag. Sometimes i have been in the U.S. 5 times in a year and taken loads of stuff home.

Quote Originally Posted by ian67 View Post
    I have been in and out of the U.S. for the past 6 years. I just buy a large holdall/sports bag when i'm there and fill it with loads of stuff from Bass Pro. Scopes, reloading dies, case trimmers, knives, air pistols, clothes and anything else i fancy. I pack this bag out with clothes and toys for the kids from Walmart, check it in at the airport without any locks on the bag and collect in the U.K. I have never had a problem with once as im not buying anything illegal in the U.K. I dont open any packaging or anything, nearly everytime there is a note inside saying customs have searched my bag. Sometimes i have been in the U.S. 5 times in a year and taken loads of stuff home.

we were with a couple one year who were stopped in glasgow and their cases opened , they were hit with a 700 vat bill on goods they were bringing home, thats why i now take everything out the box and remove labels lol

I`m in Colorado now working, and had a look in a few sports shops,
    High end glass is just the same price out here, especially if you get hit with charges.
    After a week out here the only thing I`m bringing home is a Denver Broncos baseball cap.
    Most of the stuff out here is American as well, nowt much of high quality.
    Try pawn shops if you can find one.