BD North West Range Day - Tomorrow !!!!

Ronin

Distinguished Member
All,

Short notice, apologies, BDS Range Day, 20th May 2012

Venue - Grayrigg Village, North of Kendal, usual place for those in the know.

Turn down lane beside church and follow for half mile and you'll come to the meeting.

All welcome, starts at 10 am, come early and assist setting up if possible.

This is an additional day to the NW BDS programme already posted on the site.

This does **** me off !! why was there no mention of this meet in the last mag from the bds ?
In fact if i remember there was no mention of the North West branch of the bds having any events .

When the time comes for renewal they can whistle all over Greenfield !!

This was a late addition to the programme, so apologies for not reaching every member.

The Branch programme is posted on the BDS website, and here.

Greenfield DMG has nothing to do with the BDS by the way and is run separately.

It is a management group run to assist those without stalking or stalking experience an affordable way to gain both, many people wishing to come into stalking have joined the BDS after visiting GF.

Andy , do you think that by posting the event on sd at 8pm on a saturday night you would gain any support ?

Correct me if im wrong but does sir robson not have email addresses for most of the members ?

Just out of interest how many members turned up at such short notice ?

Andy , do you think that by posting the event on sd at 8pm on a saturday night you would gain any support ?

Correct me if im wrong but does sir robson not have email addresses for most of the members ?

I made it for a flying visit on the basis of Andy's post (and I got to within a point of him!)

I certainly take your point about the untimelyness of the thread.

I was informed there was a shoot on wednesday and having realised that it hadnt been advertised (which will be raised at committee), I posted the thread here, so at least the members who use the SD site would know about it.

I also send various messages and texts to those who I have numbers for.

I cant say how many attended, I literally stopped half an hour only because I had family committments that day, yet I still travelled an hour each way to attend (no Im not looking for sympathy), Im just pointing out that effort was made to tell members the shoot was taking place.

There will be a newsletter sent out soon with a programme to supplement the programme already posted on the NW BDS site and here.

I cant comment on what e-mail addresses the Chairmain has access to, however, as I understand your an aquaintence of one of the two RCO's we use, I would have thought they may have told you about the shoot as well...

We dont get it right every time, but we try.

Again, apologies for the late posting,

Because of the past antics of `sir robson` myself and some other long- serving individuals are no longer members of the BDS. [ I became a member in 1964 through Bill Grant.]
The Branch have also put a shoot on `our` yearly day in August for the Bill Grant Memorial Shoot at the Bowscar, Border Stalkers event of August 19th.
Our shoots have always been held on the third Sunday in August and have been well documented.

HWH.

Thanks Hubert

your shoots are run as a separate entity, which, the BDS NW try and avoid "double dating" (in order that members may attend both), sometimes it has been unavoidable, a bit like running a shoot on Mothers Day, when the Game Fair is on, etc etc.

We can only run events when the RCO's are free to assist.

Back