Thread: RCBS Chargemaster from the USA - which store?

RCBS Chargemaster from the USA - which store?

I've noticed a few people have bought chargemaster combos from the states which work out a lot cheaper even with duty and import tax. Where is the best store to actually buy from and any advice before buying?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ferretmanabu View Post
    I've noticed a few people have bought chargemaster combos from the states which work out a lot cheaper even with duty and import tax. Where is the best store to actually buy from and any advice before buying?

Thanks.
    I think you'll struggle to beat optics warehouse @ 299 by the time you have paid for shipping and then import duty, handling fees etc...

I got mine from Bass Pro Shops. Are you buying online or going there on holiday? If you know someone who is going on holiday ask them to get it for you and have "replacement parts" written on the packaging. Thats what i did, no import tax or duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Vipa View Post
    I think you'll struggle to beat optics warehouse @ 299 by the time you have paid for shipping and then import duty, handling fees etc...
    360 quid once you've added vat on.

http://www.rchuntingstore.com/servle...-POWDER/Detailgreat service from these people, it was a better exchange rate when i got mine but even with import duty it was approx 220 all in from memory.
    cheers
    richard
    Last edited by devon deer stalker; 20-05-2012 at 11:15. Reason: CORRECT LINK ADDED

Which voltage version do I need to use in the UK?

Which voltage version do I need to use in the UK?
    This one http://www.rchuntingstore.com/servle...-POWDER/Detail $20 more

360 quid once you've added vat on.
    Just gone through the checkout process with the store mentioned above.. comes in at 276 with shipping, then you will get hit with 55.20 VAT plus 15 handlin.. 346.20... Wouldn't want to ship transatlantic with all the potential issues and delays that creates for the sake of saving 13.80!!!!!!!!

Edit... missed the post about the 220v adapter.... BOOM... there's ANY saving gone... pointless excersize nowadays, buy it in britain and support our economy!

NATCHEZ SHOOTING SUPPLIES $289.95

193.00 +4% import duty + 20%Vat = 240.00

Quote Originally Posted by news of the world View Post
    NATCHEZ SHOOTING SUPPLIES $289.95

193.00 +4% import duty + 20%Vat = 240.00
    That's a good price... he ain't gonna ship it for nothing though so bank on an additional 60 shipping, ID + vat and handling will come in at 327... again, don't know if 33 is worth the hassle... Then when it lands he will need to splash out 15-20 on a power adaptor so we are down to 18 saving at best!

When I bought my first one I got it half price!.. the exhange rate was great and Parcelforce were hit and miss on the import charges... I was lucky, they missed mine.. that was a good few years ago now..... Nowadays it just isn't worth it.. The shipping company WILL NOT miss the charge so you save 18.. and then... what if it goes wrong (and they do... trust me!)