Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: General Grabber AT opinions sought?

General Grabber AT opinions sought?

Gents,

Looking for new boots for the Hilux and wondered if anyone is specifically using the new(ish) pattern of General Grabbers All Terrains at all?

I've found some places online where the prices are reasonably keen but thought I'd ask for some users experiences first hand.

Besides my general usage, my misses does a fair bit of towing with her horse box in and out of padocks/fields/shows with some motorway mileage too so it's a 50/50 on/off road mix we normally do.

They get fairly positive reviews online etc but I prefer to listen to first hand experiences of those who don't get paid to review products..

Thanks,
    rigboot

Had some General Grabbers AP2 I think they were called on my wifes jeep all during the bad winters of a couple a years ago, couldn't fault them, I thought they performed just as well as the BFG's.

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

hi rigboot im running my hilux on the new grabbers . also 50/50 road off road i find them really good my last at/2s done 38k miles atb the highlander

Good tyres but I think you'll find a set of BFG last 50,000 miles where as the Grabbers are softer and wont last as long. Worth the extra cash in my opinion.

I'm using General grabbers AT on my L200
    Tread pattern as in pic

These hav done about 30k and I reckon if I don't abuse them by driving them to hard on the road I should get another 25k With any luck
    Off road performance not as good as BFG's in my opinion , but still good off road performance
    and quiet on road compared to others
    I will certainly choose them again when the time comes

Thanks for the feedback gents and also for the pic stone, tread pattern doesn't look excessively aggressive but certainly functional, sometimes hard to judge looking at the stock pics online.
    They do seem like a decent compromise for on/off road performance, so that's my decision made. Thanks again gents!!

Rb

I have used both General Grabbers and BFGs A/T on Landrover 90s. Bfs last longer 50,000 + miles and better off road.

Attachment 15681I have general grabbers AT2's on my jeep and for the past 18 months have been performing well on road as well as off road.
    Last edited by sakoson; 20-05-2012 at 13:43. Reason: photos

Quote Originally Posted by stone View Post
    I'm using General grabbers AT on my L200
    Tread pattern as in pic

These hav done about 30k and I reckon if I don't abuse them by driving them to hard on the road I should get another 25k With any luck
    Off road performance not as good as BFG's in my opinion , but still good off road performance
    and quiet on road compared to others
    I will certainly choose them again when the time comes
    Those are the new AT which replaces the AT2 (and also the old AT).... confused yet?

I have them on my truck too... my impression of them is that they are quiet and more economical than the AT2 (more road bias), but less aggressive tread pattern than the AT2 and not so good as the AT2 offroad.

I have a set of these on an L200 and they perform well both on and off road.
    I'm putting the Duellers back on for the summer and the AT's back on once the weather turns.
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks