Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cerakote?

Question Cerakote?

Dear all,

Has anyone used Cerakote to protect their rifle?

I know Jager/SA on this site has am offer for SD members using his service, but I just wondered if anyone had had this done and used it for a good period of time and could give an informed opinion?

Regards, Simon

James did mine over a year ago and it's fine! Very durable, very happy with mine.

Quote Originally Posted by deer man View Post
    James did mine over a year ago and it's fine! Very durable, very happy with mine.
    DM, thank you for the information, it's much appreciated.

As Sauer, Mauser & Blaser all have weatherproofing on their rifles it seems to make sense, it will also tone down the shiney stainless on many rifles. I have found that even matt finished stainless glows in the half light and much prefer a matt dark finish to a stalking rifle.

Simon

On metall I think cerakote is better than duracoat.
    On composites I prefer duracoat.
    edi

Is that Jager/SA in Colchester, if so anybody know if they are still going because I heard they had closed? Tried to get hold of them and got no answer.

James is still up and running, he's just a very busy boy. Try him again if you will.

Redeye

You can do it yourself. I am in the process of doing a digital camo job on one of my ar15s. Time consuming, but satisfying, and certainly a lot cheaper!

Quote Originally Posted by The deer man View Post
    Is that Jager/SA in Colchester, if so anybody know if they are still going because I heard they had closed? Tried to get hold of them and got no answer.
    James is still around, send him a PM or send me one and I'll pass it on for you.

Quote Originally Posted by rarms View Post
    You can do it yourself. I am in the process of doing a digital camo job on one of my ar15s. Time consuming, but satisfying, and certainly a lot cheaper!
    You will certainly not get the same results!, Please do not confuse these products with the B&Q specials.

I'm sure there are two versions of Ceracoat, the two pack version needs around 120 C to bake in well and
    the single pack air dry version i wouldn't waste my time with.

edi

Quote Originally Posted by ejg View Post
    I'm sure there are two versions of Ceracoat, the two pack version needs around 120 C to bake in well and
    the single pack air dry version i wouldn't waste my time with.

edi
    Spot on!