Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Took baby deer home for wife

Took baby deer home for wife

Found this while working in a customers home last week hiding in the long grass,she tells me she has never seen it before and has never seen its mother so i could have it if i wanted.I think it is a roe kidd but not sure,if anybody knows what it is or any advice how to care for it will be welcome. Attachment 15680

Stone might be able to tell you something.

Bob

Can't be rock solid, as there's no concrete evidence, but I think it's a roe kid. Very hard to be sure unless you can find some tracks or droppings. I guess mum set off,,,,,,,,,and never came back.

What a shame, it looks scared stiff !

Yea it just froze when i approached ,its instincts kicked in and never moved a muscle,still i am sure it will cement a place in wife's heart.

Looks like its been at the rapeseed. Might even be cataracts. I've seen one like this before in my grans orchard as a wee boy. After I had refered to my then 'bible', British Mammals by Phil Drabble. I left it alone to awaited it mothers return. 30yrs later it was still there poor thing waiting its mum. She must have had a heart of stone to leave it like that.

Looks like a good contender for an extra on the Simpson's!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Sure this is not from the taxidermy thread ??

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    Looks like a good contender for an extra on the Simpson's!
    Just what I was thinking.

Your all to hard on the poor dear................. Best I could come up with.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .