Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: General syndicate question???

Question General syndicate question???

Hi Just a quick question on syndicates:

When you are a member of a syndicate, how often would you expect to see deer?
    If its a forestry syndicate or farmland/woodland syndicate??

Cheers for the info

Daz
    "Smoke me a kipper - i'll be back for breakfast"

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Sniper View Post
    Hi Just a quick question on syndicates:

When you are a member of a syndicate, how often would you expect to see deer?
    If its a forestry syndicate or farmland/woodland syndicate??

Cheers for the info

Daz
    Hi Daz
    If you never leave your house.Never. An impossible question to answer without more imfomation mate

I expect to see deer on every outing not always the correct sex or shootable but if i dont see deer i am not happy at all. I expect to shoot a beast on at least every 3 outting.

Davie your ground is not syndicate ground is it?
    But for what its worth ditto on Davies statement but its not that easy with tall crops and wet cold weather at the mo.
    Thermals back on and gloves first thing in the morning. The deer are now in their red coats and must be cold.

Obviously if you aren't on the ground you won't see any deer!
    Just thought i'd ask - would you expect to see deer:

1. everytime you visit
    2. every other visit
    3. other..................

Daz

(should have done a poll !)
    Last edited by DazT; 20-05-2012 at 13:47.

two people could go over the same bit of ground one see nowt the other several!

Some are either just plain unlucky ................................................. or not very good at moving slowly and quietly or at spotting deer.

Weather of course will have a lot of influence as well disturbance during the day/night.

John i do run a small friendly syndicate and i still expect to see deer every outting. But was getting worried the other morning no deer seen for the first two hours and then it heated up a bit finished with to in the bag and 12 or so seen. some special bucks as well.

I was in the same syndicate for 9 yrs out of every long weekend I was on the ground (A long weekend would be 7 stalks ) I would probably see deer on 5 of the 7 stalks and nothing on the other 2, but I have been up for a long weekend and it has been exactly the reverse.
    This was in forestry.
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

Some good info there lads!
    Keep it coming

Two people could go to the same bit of ground. One could see nothing and the other see deer on most occassions. Simple reason that one knows how to look, where to look and what to look for. Going to a piece of ground that holds deer does not mean that you will see them. Knowing the ground, how to stalk it taking account of the weather/wind etc knowing where the deer will possibly be found on under different conditions, taking time to scan ever inch of the ground looking not just for a whole deer but parts such as ears/antlers sticking out above the growth, walking very slowly/quietly using every bit of cover to your advantage.
    I have taken people out who just cannot see what they are looking at.