Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Bipod Gives Harris a run for their money

New Bipod Gives Harris a run for their money

I picked up a new bipod for my .22 yesterday to facilitate the plink-fests we have regularly at our range. One of the members had one of these Champion Traverse bipods on his CZ and let me shoot it. I was really impressed. The pod not only swivels right and left, but also tilts to compensate for unlevel surfaces. It locks in place and is heavy and solid. I was having little problem hitting the little beads and marbles we use for targets at 50M. I liked it so much I bought one in the short length for myself. The first rifle I mounted it on was my 5mm Remington Contender.

At the bench is was solid. A real joy to use provided I remembered to lock the swivel/traverse feature once I got on target. The lever and locking system is steel,brass, and beefy.

Unlike the Harris, you must pull the legs out to extend them but otherwise, it is built as well as my Harris for a third of the money. This one was $59 and I think money well spent. I know you guys like bipods to I thought I'd post my impressions of this one.~Muir

How does it compare weight wise with the Harris

It's heavier than my standard Harris due to the articulating feature but I can't tell you otherwise.~Muir

looks good, anyone supplying them in the UK?
    Jonathan

My Hunting Blog: click here

There's one on ebay

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    There's one on ebay
    Thanks Apache, but it's the short one thats on the bay and i'm looking for the largest one.. typical!
    Jonathan

Opticswarehouse Bipods are these the same Shooters Ridge Rockmount PLEASE NOTE THAT THEY ARE NOW IN PACKAGING MARKED CHAMPION
    Last edited by KMCK; 23-05-2012 at 18:13. Reason: GOT IT WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by KMCK View Post
    Opticswarehouse Bipods are these the same Shooters Ridge Rockmount PLEASE NOTE THAT THEY ARE NOW IN PACKAGING MARKED CHAMPION
    looks like it has the pivoting feature but not the traversing, still a good price though!
    Jonathan

they have listed them now and there is a link on the page aswell from champion explaining about the new traverse feature looks a really good product at an awesome price which no other manufacturer seems to have