Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Caught up with him in the end

Caught up with him in the end

I was only telling fallom.oor the other day that i had a buck doing a lot of scraping in the wood but iv never caught up with him although iv pushed him out once or twice in the dark.
    Anyway out this morning at 3am i wanted to get to the tower in good time, same old same old pushed a buck out again barking his head off hey ho i'l give it an hour or so after day break if theres nothing out in the open i will have a wander and try another seat.

A few red's were milling around and a small buck passed well out on the far dyke side but never stopped for a shot.

I moved on to another seat nothing again except a doe in the wheat, she never moved much so i reccon she must have young in there somewhere.
    nearly time for brekkie and i go to lock the tower up,low and behold there was the decent buck from the other day.
    I quick sharped back up the tower and watched the buck a fair way out but still well in range, i aimed quite high on the shoulder to alow for the drop ( big mistake ) with this rifle.

The bullet went just where i aimed even at that distance christ they are flat shooting, the buck went down and for a second i thought it was all over, but he was rolling his head back and forth.
    I had to go for a neck shot at that distance as that was all what was available, i took a steady aim squeezed the trigger and it was all over for him but it diddnt make me feel any better.
    Took the shine off it a bit but i have a nice buck that i have been after for a while, when i got to him i had hit him in the spine and the bullet had made a fair old mess but not wasted a lot of meat. df

Nice buck Df keep it up

Wayne

very nice buck, especially for Yorkshire. Exceptional front tines. Keep it full skull if you want to get it measured.

Still one or two bigger bucks around on my bit Richard, infact seeing a lot better quality bucks this year. DF

Word has it ,its gong to be the best scoring year for a while .Vegetation full of the right stuff i guess .Decent medal i would guess mate and well done on the second shot .Happens to us all at some time .

Congratulations on youre buck, that is a nice one !

Nice buck DF congrats!
    Jonathan

My Hunting Blog: click here

Quote Originally Posted by Double four View Post
    i aimed quite high on the shoulder to alow for the drop ( big mistake ) with this rifle.

...snip...

The bullet went just where i aimed even at that distance christ they are flat shooting
    What calibre rifle were you using?

0h6, i was using a . 300 remington ultra mag. DF

Nice to see a good buck from this area most don't get the chance to make anything.

Well done DF

Andy.