Thread: Stalking Fever!

Stalking Fever!

Hi all, Im Stewart Smith, 38, from County Durham. Thats Gods country, just south of Newcastle for all you southerners

Theres been a steady progression of weaponry from an early age, it started with pocket knives, home made bows and arrows, catapults then eventually a 20g shotgun when I was physically big enough to hold one! Kids cant have all of those things now can they without the police showing up?!!

Ive been an avid game shooter since childhood with my father and brother but a couple of years ago I decided to apply for my FAC and bought a Browning T-Bolt 17HMR for bunny bashing and the odd fox. Loved it! That quickly became an obsession so I then purchased a Remington 700 SPS .243Win with moderator which I use mainly on my pheasant syndicate land for foxing.... not had a bleeding sniff of a fox since I bought it!

Went on my very first stalk a couple of nights ago under the guidance of Keith Scott on Blagdon estate and blow me... I managed to shoot two Roe bucks. Now I'm well and truly hooked....... this is going to be expensive.... but a lot of fun!! What the hell?!! Cant cost me any more than the ex wife can it?!!

Im hoping to do my DSC1 in a couple of months.

You made it to the site, nice going the other night, you sounded like a kid at Xmas on the phone!
    take care
    Steve

Haha believe me I'm still telling every man, woman and child that will listen to me!

Cheers bud!

Welcome to the Forum hope you enjoy,
    You are a brave man mentioning remington 700's in your introduction as there are some members that seem to dislike them with a passion, but hey we who have and use them know how good they are.

PJ
    Too Old Soon Too Late Smart

Really? Its my first centrefire rifle. I looked at loads before I bought it, Brownings, Tikka's and all the usual stuff for about 1k and less but the actions felt really cheap and "tinny". The only ones with nice solid actions I found were Remmy's and Howa's. Seems to shoot straight enough, getting the barrel cut down a bit, its like a clothes prop with Jet-Z on the end of it!

Quote Originally Posted by patjack View Post
    Welcome to the Forum hope you enjoy,
    You are a brave man mentioning remington 700's in your introduction as there are some members that seem to dislike them with a passion, but hey we who have and use them know how good they are.

PJ

Another one catches the bug! I'm the same, thinking about stalking all the time since my first try.

I can guarantee you will be giving your credit card some abuse with the toys you can buy!

Nothing wrong with a Remington rifle. Besides its the person behind the rifle that makes the shot. Welcome to the site, seems like you are well and truely hooked on stalking. And well done on grassing two bucks.

Welcome aboard.

At risk of being pendantic, you recover from a fever; suspect you will find virus much better description

No known cure I'm afraid!
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

Welcome to the site,

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses