Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beretta 391 series 24" slug barrel with rifle sights (smoothbore)

Beretta 391 series 24" slug barrel with rifle sights (smoothbore)

Beretta 391 series 12 ga 24" slug barrel with rifle sights (smoothbore) will fit Teknys/Urika etc

Although the box is a little tatty this barrel is new and has never fired a shell.

It has some slight marks on the sides of the foresight ramp where the spring steel shroud has been taken off and put back on.

260 inc RMSD please. price reduced to 249 further reduction to 245

(For those of you that don't know, barrels can be posted person to person direct as they are not a controlled part. Also you can voluntarily place it on your cert but this is not a legal requirement)
    EDIT it's a 3" chamber

Last edited by sanibel686; 31-05-2012 at 21:07.

Very surprised this can be sent by RM, as it is a pressure bearing part for a section 1 Firearm as by definition if you are firing slug it becomes section 1

FlyBoy270

Quote Originally Posted by FlyBoy270 View Post
    Very surprised this can be sent by RM, as it is a pressure bearing part for a section 1 Firearm as by definition if you are firing slug it becomes section 1

FlyBoy270
    This is a spare shotgun barrel with "parallel" choke. It can be posted By RMSD and it can be purchased/owned by someone with no certificate.
    This subject has been written about widely by people such as George Wallis furthermore I checked this out with my FLA when I bought it.
    This is how shotgun barrels can be sent for bluing.

As a separate issue, and after it has been posted to the new owner, it would only become part of a Firearm if/when it is actually fitted to a shotgun that is also registered as section 1 at which point it should be declared and moved your FAC. BUT you can happily fit it to a three shot semi and fire normal shells through it and it doesn't have to be on your shotgun cert at all.

These are facts. I have checked them out with the authorities and George Wallis personally.

The only area I'm not clear on (but which doesn't affect my sale and whether this barrel can be posted) is this;
    You have a normal 3 shot semi or even a sbs or o/u with an open choke and you want to fire slug.
    You apply for slug on your FAC OK, but does the normal shotgun you fire them through become section 1?
    Last edited by sanibel686; 25-05-2012 at 17:59.

Quote Originally Posted by sanibel686 View Post
    The only area I'm not clear on (but which doesn't affect my sale and whether this barrel can be posted) is this;
    You have a normal 3 shot semi or even a sbs or o/u with an open choke and you want to fire slug.
    You apply for slug on your FAC OK, but does the normal shotgun you fire them through become section 1?
    No, normal shotgun stays section two, slugs are just conditioned on the FAC. Same as expanding ammo for rifles, that is section 5 but doesn't make your rifle section 5.

still available and price reduced to 249

I see you have done your homework, Firearms Legislation never ceases to amaze
    good luck with your sale, it would seem good value to me.
    atb
    FlyBoy270

As a few people have asked me about slugs and what they are/do so I thought I'd share this youtube vid

Will this fit an extrema if so i'd be interested pm me, thanks

hi this doesn't fit the extrema guys, its for the urika teknys & other 391 configurationsetc