Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trail camera

Trail camera

Can anyone recommend a good reliable affordable model. There are a number on the market now - please help. Thanks

Mine is a Ltl Acorn 12mp Camo, I am very happy with it and considering buying another but I haven't tried other makes. Glyn.

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    I bought the Spypoint from Uttings (http://www.uttings.co.uk/Brands/174/spypoint/) after seeing the videos that 243Varmint posted.

I'm very happy with it.

willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Quote Originally Posted by Glyn 1 View Post
    Mine is a Ltl Acorn 12mp Camo, I am very happy with it and considering buying another but I haven't tried other makes. Glyn.
    +1 on The Ltl Acorn.

Armed with two cards and two sets of Duracell rechargeables, so it's always on the go, this takes fantastic stills and very good video.

I had to experiment with the range for the night shots (think I expected too much from it).

George

It took me a few goes before I got the hang of how to set up the camera, more about the location than the technical stuff. I'm going to write a short article on it at some point. I have recently moved mine into a more open area as the woodland cover is now causing good pictures to be too dark. I have two cards and just swap them but you have to remember to make sure the camera is off before removing the card, I lost a great set of pictures because of this. I'm going to change my card later today so if I get any good pictures I'll put them on here. I would recommend getting a trail camera to anyone, they are great fun and very interesting. Glyn.

I use the spy point IR 5. very good value. batteries have lasted for over 4 months with constant use also which is handy.

Quote Originally Posted by W16OEN View Post
    Can anyone recommend a good reliable affordable model. There are a number on the market now - please help. Thanks
    I also have the Ltl Acorn 5210 with the MMS function, there's some pictures and video on my blog:
    http://jonathan81.blogspot.com/searc.../Game%20Camera
    Jonathan

My Hunting Blog: click here

I have this one, Bushnell Trophycam HD. So far very happy with it but have never tried still photos, just video. I was recommended the Spypoint but when it arrived it had a broken catch so I returned it, I also decided I wanted sound recording which the Spypoint does not have so bought the Bushnell one. The Bushnell is smaller than the Spypoint. I guess my only complaint with the Bushnell as you might see from my videos (below) is that it perhaps takes a little longer than I would have liked to start recording, I have however not tried setting the sensor to 'sensitive'. Overall, I'm happy.

Trail cam album

I was thinking of buying one of these to look at the foxes who shredded by bin bags last night so that I woke up to a drive covered in chewed up litter. I live next to a school and opposite a park in London though so it's not like I can do much about them apart from lock the bins up more securely.

I bought a Moultrie M80 from the US and its very good. Especially for the 85 it cost!!