Thread: Lyman 1500 XP electronic scales & built in trickler, any good?

Lyman 1500 XP electronic scales & built in trickler, any good?

am going ahead with reloading and have the offer of these scales second hand, any body recommend or dislike them? as I know nothing about this stuff

Perhaps you had better ask why they are for sale?

Some one of the forums brought one new and has been having awful troubles getting it to work.. Check the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by docholiday View Post
    am going ahead with reloading and have the offer of these scales second hand, any body recommend or dislike them? as I know nothing about this stuff
    Get a decent beam scale and a trickler. Save money and be assured that the power being off will never affect it's accuracy. ~Muir

PS: Second hand electronics? No.

Hi Muir

Any recommendations on a good manual scale, I had similar thoughts on the electronic version as per the Doc

ATB
    Phil

Lyman, RCBS, Ohaus, Dillon to mention a few all offer good beam scales. I use a Lyman 505 but I also have an old set of CH scales that do not have magnetic dampening. I did have a set of Lee ones to begin with but found the adjustment with that little lock button fiddly. After acquiring the CH scales in a trade I passed the lee ones on to a club member just starting out.

Edit:- if you must go electronic then the Target Master or what ever they call it now is back in production and is British and well that one does work. Chap at the Reepham Club brought one. I recall it from the days of Guns Review and it's improved now they say. I do believe that a member of SD got one last year too.
    Last edited by Brithunter; 23-05-2012 at 08:46.

it is someone selling their whole kit as they are unable to shoot any more, 500 for everything including his bench, there is a Lee turret plus about 12 other items, all mint condition just wasnt sure about the scales.

My friend bought a set of these and from the outside look amazing....BUT.........his consistantly measured .6 of a gr over every time, he used the stopper to slow it down and still no better then contacted Lyman who gave him a new set and so far works great, but this set works differently to the first as this new set slows down on reaching the target weight where his original set did not.

As Brit said search the forums there are lots of issues like this.....

Rich

I got rid of mine.

Now use a set of RCBS beam scales and a Targetmaster Trickler...MUCH better.