lost ticket

foxhornet

sent me ticket off to south yorks for a one for one six weeks ago recorded delivery was delivered next day according to rm website. rang two weeks ago was told ring back in a week it hadnt been processed not got to top off pile so i assumed they had it.left it two weeks rang this afternoon and guess wot they havnt got it no trace of it! and to realy **** me off i cant find postal reciept

Sometimes if you log back onto the RM site, the code you entered to track it will be in the drop down section under the box where the numbers are entered.
Put the mouse in the box and right-click....ya may get lucky

Nope sorry cannot happen as I have it on good authority ..................................... the horses mouth no less ..................................... that they don't make mistakes and are incapable of making mistakes.

So the Post Office must be telling porkies.

Nope sorry cannot happen as I have it on good authority ..................................... the horses mouth no less ..................................... that they don't make mistakes and are incapable of making mistakes.

So the Post Office must be telling porkies.
So that wouldn't be the same sy department I sent my renewal to complete with old fc sgc and a millon photos along with a cheque for the prescribed amount. After a reasonable amount of time I contacted them to see where we'd got to, to be told they'd recieved everything apart from the payment. No problems re issued a cheque sent it straight off recorded delivery, went to the bank 4 or 5 days later to stop the original cheque to be told they'd both been cashed by south yorks police.Not bad for an outfit that doesn't make mistakes.Shortly after the fo went to jail and the top man resigned due to ill health,no suprises there then.

Last edited:
So that wouldn't be the same sy department I sent my renewal to complete with old fc sgc and a millon photos along with a cheque for the prescribed amount. After a reasonable amount of time I contacted them to see where we'd got to, to be told they'd recieved everything apart from the payment. No problems re issued a cheque sent it straight off recorded delivery, went to the bank 4 or 5 days later to stop the original cheque to be told they'd both been cashed by south yorks police.Not bad for an outfit that doesn't make mistakes.Shortly after the fo went to jail and the top man resigned due to ill health,no suprises there then.
Now that is most interesting,I sent a variation in a couple of years ago, the exact same thing happened to me, despite the fact that I had stapled the cheque to the form they said they had everything except the payment, hmmmmmm, most odd, the more cynical amongst us would perhaps see a theme running here.:-|

Got me thinking too. I sent mine off a while ago and haven't heard back. Managed to find the PO receipt and checked the track - it has a name of recipient (and a scrawled signature), so I know they have it.

The PO receipt is now safely in the gun cabinet!

Sorry to rub it in but I received a cheque in the post from D&C Firearms Licensing the other day after sending them £26 for a variation!

The nice lady in the office noticed I had a moderator listed on my FAC that I probably wouldn't be needing after previously swapping a 6.5 for a .243/12b combi gun. She put it down as a one-for-one instead and put in for a refund. They turned the variation around in a week as well.

Did they check if you still wanted the mod?

Or was this just another way reducing those dangerous silencers in the publics hands? Hmmmm :-|

Orion you should not have posted that, there will be a housing shortage in Devon soon:D

I know, I know.................. and the Red stalking will all go to pot!

Brit. She did ask me if I wanted to retain the mod under the 'new' calibre but I really didn't think one would go too well on either the .243/12b combi :eek: or the new 7x57 Heym Kiplauf! Saving £26 seemed a good trade off.

The nice lady in the office noticed I had a moderator listed on my FAC that I probably wouldn't be needing after previously swapping a 6.5 for a .243/12b combi gun. She put it down as a one-for-one instead and put in for a refund. They turned the variation around in a week as well.
Just for contrast upon renewal sy removed my permission for a 22mag mod because I'd not purchased one by the time I renewed.I now have to pay the variation fee to have one for my 243.

What a contrast!

Bearing in mind that D&C administer the highest number of SGC & FACs in the Country, the quality of service is generally exemplary. They might have a few FEOs who have questionable knowledge but once the 'office' get involved in anything it tends to be sorted poste haste and in a very fair manner.

They are one of the few forces south of the border, (maybe the only one?), that make one simple condition to cover all firearms and ammo on an 'open' FAC and it illustrates how well they have the system working. No need for firearms micro-management down 'ere me luvver - all 'em other FLDs got it back se fore and are maze as a brush! ;)

What a contrast!

Bearing in mind that D&C administer the highest number of SGC & FACs in the Country, the quality of service is generally exemplary. They might have a few FEOs who have questionable knowledge but once the 'office' get involved in anything it tends to be sorted poste haste and in a very fair manner.

They are one of the few forces south of the border, (maybe the only one?), that make one simple condition to cover all firearms and ammo on an 'open' FAC and it illustrates how well they have the system working. No need for firearms micro-management down 'ere me luvver - all 'em other FLDs got it back se fore and are maze as a brush! ;)

Surrey used to be like that then they went down the stupid route it seems. Mind you I have not dealt with them for nigh on 9 years now so?

I was still trying to get all the rifles on mine listed correctly here in Lincs. Every time they messed at least one up and they also made up makes and manufacturers. The stupid conditions on my certificate covered about two pages. I would post a copy but they took the photo copy as well :-|.

Back