Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Buzzards

Buzzards

Just walking to my car after work yesterday and spotted some Buzzards circling the field opposite, there seemed quite a few so i started counting,
    I know what a Buzzard looks like so i am quite certain what i was looking at and i even called a work mate over to verify the count,
    We counted 50 Buzzards
    I know their numbers are on the increase but that was amazing.
    Has any body else seen this sort of number in a totally rural setting away from tips or any other "unnatural" source of food ?

Interesting Jonty. Did you sus out what was the bait attracting them?
    It's accuracy that kills.

I've seen about 2 dozen feeding in fields over your way in the past, picking at worms, 50 sounds like a lot, but they are increasing in numbers, no doubting that!

there are loads around me it makes pigeon decoying difficult when they just circle above the decoys all day

on my way to hereford yesterday dropping seats off i saw absolutely loads of them and a few red kites far more than we have around us and we have quite a few,atb wayne

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

We have fewer Buzzards, but we have loads of Red Kites. There's somebody in Didcot who feeds them, and it's not unusual to see thirty or forty circling around by the car park near the high street.

Yes, occasionally we get large concentrations of Buzzards on the Isle of Wight, they use to be quite scarce here around 30 years ago but the population has exploded since.atb Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Fisheruk View Post
    Interesting Jonty. Did you sus out what was the bait attracting them?
    couldnt see anything in particular attracting them, they weren't on the ground and were riding the thermals

Jonty.

Normal for round us mate. They seem to be on the increase.

They are on the fields that have been spread with chicken muck ready for the maize to be drilled. They are worming most of the time.

Just wait until the red kites come over from Rhayader. We seem to of gained a couple just out of the village already this year. Just another couple of hundred and will be nearly up with Rhayader

Jonathon

Quote Originally Posted by 243varmint View Post
    Jonty.

Normal for round us mate. They seem to be on the increase.

They are on the fields that have been spread with chicken muck ready for the maize to be drilled. They are worming most of the time.

Just wait until the red kites come over from Rhayader. We seem to of gained a couple just out of the village already this year. Just another couple of hundred and will be nearly up with Rhayader

Jonathon
    We've only got 1 here so far, but he's been here for 3 years and still not found a mate,
    Must be butt ugly