Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: posting fire arms

posting fire arms

Does any one know how to post fire arms? or shot guns?
    how do you pack them? to protect them.
    who can you use as a delivery company?
    and an idea on cost for a shot gun? any help would be appreciated cheers

Hi There

I've use PAR freight to ship my rifles. Very good service and can recommend them. The chap I deal with there is Lawrence. All you need do is contact them and they'll do the rest. The rifle/shotgun will need to be appropriately packed (I use a Peli case but there are loads of others) and they'll pick it up. South coast to Scotland -24hrs.

Although they'll collect it from your house, it will have to be delivered to an RFD. In terms of info, have ready all the names and addresses, RFD number FAC details to hard.

FN

Have I missed a change in the law here?

Thought it was only legal to mail a gun via the RFD to RFD method, with the exception of 2nd hand airguns & antiques/de-acts

You can ship for repair work I believe still.

I suppose this is an extension of the question, but if my brother-in-law in Normandy was finally to get his act together and invite me hunting over Christmas or something, could I ship a gun to the French gunshop in his town, perhaps from my local RFD, beforehand? Presumably I'd need an EFP, but perhaps that's irrelevant as it would be a transfer between RFDs, albeit in different countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    You can ship for repair work I believe still.
    Never knew that, ya live and learn

Quote Originally Posted by Pine Marten View Post
    I suppose this is an extension of the question, but if my brother-in-law in Normandy was finally to get his act together and invite me hunting over Christmas or something, could I ship a gun to the French gunshop in his town, perhaps from my local RFD, beforehand? Presumably I'd need an EFP, but perhaps that's irrelevant as it would be a transfer between RFDs, albeit in different countries.
    It'd be MUCH easier, once you have the EFP for the item you wish to take - to just take it with you on the ferry

Regarding the EFP, do I just ask my FEO for one at the same time as the FAC, and does it also last for five years?

An EFP is normally issued to match the duration of the FAC or SGC - though what the position would be in the case of non-coterminous certificates is beyond me

You can have one or all of your guns added to the EFP - your choice - and they are a free item, with free variations

Check with your FEO to find out local policies and processing requirements, etc.

p.s. Love Normandy - have spent quite a lot of time there - but I now tend to avoid the June 6th circus/bun-fest that the French have turned the D-Day commemoration into!!
    There is a nice new little gun shop in St Mere Eglise on the industrial estate near the big supermarket (on the road out past the Post Office).
    1st time I was in Normandy was very surprised to see shotgun slug ammo on the shelf in the little supermarkets.
    Last edited by saddler; 23-05-2012 at 12:35.