Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Euro. A picture paints a thousand words?

The Euro. A picture paints a thousand words?

Not new, but so near the truth?

Attachment 15764
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).

Brilliant. No much needs to be said.

Is this another Europhobic rant?
    Britain is not in the Eurozone so how is Germany crapping on them, join it too or shut up?
    I have over the last 40 years spent about 20 years working in germany.
    I do not say it is a great country but they do get their finger out and do not always look for excuses as to why a f***d up system is not working.
    What happened to the great manufacturing base in the UK? = "shareholders squeezed the money needed for reinvestment in updating technologies into their own pockets for short term profit" "managers dropped all the apprenticeship systems to save money", the short term is now over and done and there you now are with empty pockets and most everyone is now hustling as an untrained "expert" in a white van to scratch out a living.
    This is just my personal take on the greater European dream join it and criticize or, etc.
    Martin
    Last edited by Bavarianbrit; 23-05-2012 at 09:13.

Go switzerland!!!!

On a serious note, it is actually the Germans (and the Austrians) who will be shovelling the doo-doo that the PIIGS countries have created over the past few years and that it looks like France have just signed up for if (Big IF) Hollande carries out his promises...
    Last edited by scrumbag; 23-05-2012 at 09:13.

Listen here http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01hjs15

Quite refreshing!
    /l\ Y gwir yn erbyn y byd /l\

Quote Originally Posted by Bavarianbrit View Post
    Is this another Europhobic rant?
    Britain is not in the Eurozone so how is Germany crapping on them, join it too or shut up?
    I have over the last 40 years spent about 20 years working in germany.
    I do not say it is a great country but they do get their finger out and do not always look for excuses as to why a f***d up system is not working.
    What happened to the great manufacturing base in the UK? = "shareholders squeezed the money needed for reinvestment in updating technologies into their own pockets for short term profit" "managers dropped all the apprenticeship systems to save money", the short term is now over and done and there you now are with empty pockets and most everyone is now hustling as an untrained "expert" in a white van to scratch out a living.
    This is just my personal take on the greater European dream join it and criticize or, etc.
    Martin
    I know that is your personal take but I have worked in Germany, Sweden, France, Italy, Spain and Portugal (plus Switzwerland - and UK) over the last 38 years and before flinging a "Europhobic" blanket towards Britain may I suggest you check out how many middle and high-end earners from those Countries are

A) Openly criticising their own Governments (plus voting for alternatives) and

B) Leaving for good?

One currency across such diverse economies is never going to be easy PLUS UK exports to the EU are not in the majority.

EFTA - yes, Euro - no.

(just my take )
    Last edited by Eyefor; 23-05-2012 at 09:37.
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).

Eyefor,
    Me too - worked in Germany, Sweden, France, Finland, Holland, Austria (working there now), USA, Argentina, and you do get a good overview of how the world functions without being blinded by any patriotisms involved.
    Everywhere of course has its problems but the UK really seems to me to have lost the plot more than anywhere else I have been "the pistol ban was the last straw which sent me packing for good" . I do remember fondly how it was to drive down to London in the 60s and see all the londoners or the south coast as it was in the 80s, I lived in Deal, oh well I know everywhere changes.
    Martin

To many fat cats at the top looking after their own interests the rich don't suffer in the current climate and only make more money when the recovery starts, its the poor sod at the bottom of the ladder that suffers don't matter which country ya in the those at the top want to keep us at the bottom simple !

The German economic strength is not all it seems IMO, while there manufacturing industry is undoubtedly back properly by its government and Engineers are valued. In later years part of its success is built on a devalued currency, just the same as China, while the Chinese government keeps it currency artificially low to make its exported manufactured goods cheaper than anybody else can compete with. Germany by being part of the Euro has benefited because the other countries in the Euro has dragged the exchange rate down relative to exchange rates in other countries.

If the Common currency was to break up and German had its own currency again that German BMW that is 30,000 will be 50,000, all those other EU countries would not be buying German products any more, it be cost effective manufacture their own or buy from other countries, then even our own manufactures might have a chance of competing on a level playing field.

Germany needs the Euro to stay together just as much as the other nations, in fact it could be argued more so. Leaving Greece aside, if Spain for example came out of the Euro its currency would devalue making its labour cost lower this would enable it to build up its manufacturing industry over a number of years, in the short term it would boost its tourism, giving it increased foreign currency and lowing its unemployment.

Well that’s some of my thoughts on the matter.

Tahr

Last edited by Thar; 24-05-2012 at 08:11.