Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best camping stove, help.

Best camping stove, help.

I'm looking for a small camping stove for making a cup of tea and doing the occasional fry up.
    I don't fancy the Kelly Kettle.

It must be small and I'm not bothered what type of fuel it uses.

Can anyone recommend one?

Thanks in advance.

M

MSR do some good ones, you can always go doen the Hexi burner route too.

MSR Pocket Rocket. Outstanding.

Spent years trying everything, and then discovered this. Burner unscrews from the canister and folds up inside a little plastic holder that fits it a pocket. Canisters very easy to find (as well as MSR own brand you can use the Primus ones) and self sealing (so can be unscrewed from the burner and stored indefinitely before re-use). Heats up a litre of water in about 3 and half min. Two person fry ups no problem. Even managed to balance a hot smoker on top of it.

I have the Primus OmniFuel and I'm really happy with it, you can use all sorts of fuel or even just attach a pressurised gas bottle.

There was a test on lots of different models done over here in Norway and it came out top.

here's a link to their website:
    http://www.primus.eu/Templates/Pages...x?Itemid=34156
    Jonathan

My Hunting Blog: click here

Quote Originally Posted by Mungo View Post
    MSR Pocket Rocket. Outstanding.

Spent years trying everything, and then discovered this. Burner unscrews from the canister and folds up inside a little plastic holder that fits it a pocket. Canisters very easy to find (as well as MSR own brand you can use the Primus ones) and self sealing (so can be unscrewed from the burner and stored indefinitely before re-use). Heats up a litre of water in about 3 and half min. Two person fry ups no problem. Even managed to balance a hot smoker on top of it.
    +1 do a google search and get go outdoors to price match
    cheers
    Richard

Coleman Alpine. Very stable and the gas container doesnt form part of the stand so it stays stable even when the canister is almost empty.
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

MSR WhisperLite International.

Runs on unleaded petrol, kerosene and white gas (a.k.a. Coleman fuel - although some types of automotive panel wipe are an alternative and waaaay cheaper). Always carry it with me on the bike along with a small 2 cup Bialetti coffee pot for stops on the road.

i have had quite a few different models ranging from a coleman petrol to the cheap gas ones in a case but i think the best one for quick cooking /boiling and minimal weight size has got to be a jetboil they are a great bit of kit abit pricey but they do last and it will be the only one you will want after trying one.
    eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Primus Eta Express for me. Have only used it in the UK, but it's a great bit of kit.

http://www.tauntonleisure.com/primus...ss-stove/p4034

+1 Jetboil.