Zeiss Duralyt 3-12x56 or Nightforce nxs 5.5-22x56

Well chaps, I've the intention of buying a do all scope in the near future. It will primarily be for foxing under the lamp, stalking and targets out to 4-500 yards. Which scope would you recommend? Or what other suggestions would ye have? Must have an illuminated reticle and in the price range of these scopes. Thanks

I've got a nightforce on my 223 and a zeiss diavari on the 7mm08 I honestly prefer the nightforce don't get me wrong the zeiss is awesome just feel like you get a lot of scope for the money with a nightforce I've used both in low light and lamp conditions I personally can't differ the 2
If you do a lot of distance shooting on targets the reticle choice and turrets of the nightforce would be more suitable

lamping and hunting the zeiss wins hands down.

simulation of a furred up bog roll the 5h1tforce wins every time.

as you can see i don't rate night force scopes unless you shoot in bright daylight, don't mind a tight field of view etc, stick with the zeiss.

bob.

lamping and hunting the zeiss wins hands down.

simulation of a furred up bog roll the 5h1tforce wins every time.

as you can see i don't rate night force scopes unless you shoot in bright daylight, don't mind a tight field of view etc, stick with the zeiss.

bob.

What a complete load of bo**ocks! And before anyone says i have'nt looked through a Zeiss i have had more than one including the £3k 6-24x72 Hendsolt version that i had on my RPA 6.5-284. Now the Zeiss is superb in the 6-24x56 or 72 variants (the turrets are shite, they never line up perfectly with the crap spline system they use) Schmidt and Nightforce have got it sussed with the grub screw. Nightforce are nearly as good to look through but the turrets are in a different league, they line up perfectly and are positive and solid. Oh and not to mention a grand less!!! I am not talking about the Duralyts as i dont think you can compare one of those to a nightforce. Just my view.

Last edited:
What a complete load of bo**ocks! And before anyone says i have'nt looked through a Zeiss i have had more than one including the £3k 6-24x72 Hendsolt version that i had on my RPA 6.5-284. Now the Zeiss is superb in the 6-24x56 or 72 variants (the turrets are shite, they never line up perfectly with the crap spline system they use) Schmidt and Nightforce have got it sussed with the grub screw. Nightforce are nearly as good to look through but the turrets are in a different league, they line up perfectly and are positive and solid. Oh and not to mention a grand less!!! I am not talking about the Duralyts as i dont think you can compare one of those to a nightforce. Just my view.

I do have to agree that the Nightforce turrets are the best on the market,but,looking through the scope the image is half way down the tube,as opposed to the Zeiss that is right in your eye,and I am sure even you RPA can't disagree with that.

Martin

No Martin i agree with you 100% as i said they are "nearly" as good to look through (you wont beat the Zeiss, Schmidts) but as i said they are still bloody good, and £1000 cheaper. Zeiss really need to address their turret issue as in my view they are no better than a £200 cheapy scope in that department (i am talking target turrets). For a scope of such value and quality it really is very poor!

Zeiss every time for stalking. Nightforce if your shooting vermin/targets in the day time.

Go for the 6 - 24 x 56 Zeiss mate,you won't bother with anything else I promise.

Martin

Agreed, the big Zeiss is a lovely piece of kit, but an awful lot of money and rather bulky.
A bit further down the price range is the similarly styled Vortex Viper PST. And as luck would have it, I happen to have a brand new 6-24x50 one with illuminated reticle for sale at way under UK price!

Zeiss every time for stalking. Nightforce if your shooting vermin/targets in the day time.

+1 nightforce on the day rifle for long range vermin as the tracking and return to zero is excellent
zeiss on the lamping/stalker rifle

According to one of the head honcho's at Zeiss the duralyt is a secret tip.
Has a lense less and ...better light transmition.

edi

Back