Thread: A in need of work Grand Vitara. diesel.back on the road or a shooting project

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)

A in need of work Grand Vitara. diesel.back on the road or a shooting project

Hi Lads. ill try and give you as much info as i can here,

but drop me a pm if you need anymore help. or you can talk to me etc.

My Vitara is in need of some welding work to get it through its next mot, and i just dont have the welding skills kit or the time/cash to spend on this.

the good stuff,

the truck runs like a dream, pulls like a horse etc etc.

all around electric window are fine(rear ones drop all the way
    all the interior is fine
    all the 4 wheel drive works fine 2 high/4 low/4 high etc.
    full auto front diff locks work fine (no need to get out the truck to select / deselect etc)
    power steering.
    front spots switched
    rear break lights work on/off on a switch for lamping
    tow bar and electrics.

2" body lift well over 350 worth of kit.
    2" suspension lift, well over 250 worth of kit
    prop-shaft spacers, well over 200 worth of kit.
    THE ABOVE GIVES IT MORE GROUND CLEARANCE ETC FOR GOOD OFF ROAD AND TRACK USE ETC.

automatic with overdrive
    full stainless exhaust front to rear.
    Sony CD player.
    the seatS are all in top condition no rips holes stains etc.
    cam belt was changed at 101k and it has 114K on it. THIS IS IN THE SERVICE HISTORY,

i am still using it to shoot until the tax runs out end on this month. so its still on the road etc.

as said by the pre test engineer this is in overall good condition for its age and they do have cr@p metal on them for sills so its a common problem,

WHAT IT NEEDS LOOKING AT ETC.

it has not failed the mot yet but it will WHEN TAKEN IN ON THE 17 JULY, as the pictures will show,

1, the rear inner and outer sills need a bit of work (was told the 120 for the welding) to get it through the test.SEE THE PICTURES.
    2, the rear brake compensator is showing issues so a second hand one is about 40,and will need replacing from a second hand parts dealer.
    3, there is a small fuel leak on the prime pump on the injectors but it only leaks from time to time. again this can be got from a second hand parts dealer.

please NOTE: the wheels in the photo are not for sale with the truck i will be fitting some other alloy vitara wheels with road tyres and the spare is a normal vitara steel rim with road tyre.

if you have the time and tools you could have a cracking shooting wagon for not a lot of cash. to put back on the road or as a estate/farm runner etc.

im looking at swaping it for a scope to replace my duralyt i had to sell to get my new 20 tac.and i know the truck is well worth 500 to 600 as it is, so a varimage scope in this price range would be great.

many thanks.

bob.

ps: the side skirts are here i removed them to get all the rusty bits cut out ready to get it fixed.but as mentioned above.

and if you want to drive it home please collect it before the end of next month as the tax will be out of date but the test will be ok until july the 17.i have plenty of room here if you can't collect it, (it can stay for about 1 month if needs be. but i would rather it went asap.

Attachment 16039 these tyres can be included in the scope deal, you will need to use 22 spacers with these , they are colway at tyres and are a set of 5, 195 75/15 vitara alloys,

with these and the car call it a swap for a scope worth at least 500,

please note the side steps and bull bar and the steering damper are not in this deal.

Attachment 15801Attachment 15802Attachment 15803Attachment 15804Attachment 15805
    Last edited by bobjs; 02-06-2012 at 20:22.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Blog Entries
    oops.

forgot to mention

a new heavy duty battery was fitted 1 month ago,ish at a cost of 150, and a recon strater 2 weeks ago at 40.
    the scotland flag stays here.

and there are 2 keys, BUT only 1 alarm/immobiliser fob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Blog Entries
    re valuation on this, is a swap for a scope of 400 to 500.

thank you

bob.

Blog Entries
    OK LADS

last try.

i will be removing the following gear from the truck,

1, front bull bar and lights

2, cd player

3, front auto diff lock hubs

4, the wheels and tyres will be changed over to fatboy wheels and road tyres.

NOW LOOKING FOR A SCOPE WORTH 350 TO 400, THE VEH CAN BE COLLECTED/DRIVE AWAY, STILL HAVE 1 MONTHS TAX AND 1.5 MONTHS MOT.

Blog Entries
    swap for a scope worth 300,

need this gone, thanks to chr1s on here im on the road again and need this gone gone gone.

thanks

ps:

1 months tax and tested until 17 july so you can still drive it away.

fat boy alloys fitted and the other bits will be removed this sunday.

bob.

Blog Entries
    i have added a set of 5 at tyres and alloys so that you can sell the fat boy alloys and make a few bob of them,

so now looking for a scope worth at least 500 for the lot.

i have now removed the CD player, my old alloys and at's, and the front diff-locks and the bull bar so the truck is ready to go,

thanks

bob.

Blog Entries
    Deal done with a forum member.

Thank you.

Bob.