CZ 550 rail conversion to offset Picatinny rail

AI perfector

I have a CZ 550 American with 17 mm dovetail trail and need to be able to mount night vision kit onto an offset Picatinny rail. Does anyone know of any off the mounting systems that would achieve this? Thanks in advance.

I have a CZ 550 American with 17 mm dovetail trail and need to be able to mount night vision kit onto an offset Picatinny rail. Does anyone know of any off the mounting systems that would achieve this? Thanks in advance.

Hi
I have a 17mm to picatinny adaptor rail on my 550 (standard fitment on the CZ750), I recall it cost approx £45 from the Sportsman Gun centre. This may be a starting point.

regards

Colin

Thanks, Colin. There's nothing immediately evident on their web site so have written to ask. Do you recall the manufacturer of your adapter rail? Thanks, Paul
Hi
I have a 17mm to picatinny adaptor rail on my 550 (standard fitment on the CZ750), I recall it cost approx £45 from the Sportsman Gun centre. This may be a starting point.

regards

Colin

It's listed on the CZ site,

Neil. :)

Explored further with Edgar Bros. Very prompt :D response as follows:

Yes this would do it but we don’t stock that base as the CZ750 already comes with it. We distribute Kozap mounts which are made in the same area as CZ and they do a specific base which converts the CZ dovetail to Weaver. The part number you need to order through your local dealer is KOZAP-3-100-04 and we have it in stock. RRP will be around £69 incl. VAT.

However, on offering up the scope to the rifle and 'taking aim', definitely need the offset to bring the eyepiece back by 5" or so. So the search continues .....
Cheers, Paul

If you need to move it back by 5 inches you will be either making something, or having it made.

Neil. :)

I had written to Edgar Bros that same day and received the below response to the question of availability of offset rails:
There’s no such base that I know of; the sales would just be too small. The way most people get round eye relief problems is to fit extended rings which allow you to bring the scope back further. I doubt this will help with your night vision as I guess its got a built in Weaver attachment.
The only other option is to look at getting some Gunsmith Base material and get the rifle drilled and tapped by a gunsmith. As the action is flat it wouldn’t be too difficult to do
At least I now know what I have to do, but will keep watching this string in case someone has any other ideas.
Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Try looking at the American website - Gunparts Corporation or Numrich Arms (?) as they have CZ 550 Weaver rails, both standard and extended which may fit the bill. They are genuine CZ parts I think. Hope this helps.

Back