Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Head shots on Farmed Red Deer

Head shots on Farmed Red Deer

A short video of head shot farmed deer.

Before anyone says anything, the backstops were safe!!!!!!! ........ We know because we were there!

THIS VIDEO CONTAINS IMAGES THAT SOME VIEWERS MAY FIND UPSETTING OR OFFENSIVE. If you do not wish to see animals head shot - DO NOT WATCH THIS VIDEO CLIP.

For those interested, when the second deer is shot there is a clear visible vapour trail from the bullet.

Regards,

What calibre if you don't mind?

Not really for this site Mike in my opinion head shooting is for the most experience of people who have everything at hand if things go wrong. As you will know they always do sooner or later.

Quote Originally Posted by 6pointer View Post
    Not really for this site Mike in my opinion head shooting is for the most experience of people who have everything at hand if things go wrong. As you will know they always do sooner or later.
    and ive done Park Culling

Quote Originally Posted by 6pointer View Post
    You, and everyone else are entitled to their opinion, and so am I.

As you and many other people know, things go wrong with all shots. I think it's a matter of knowing your rifle and your capabilities.

I have met many people who are not experienced at head shooting, but have good equipment, good technique, and are able to head shoot deer as well as many who have done it for years.

My opinion.

Regards,

Ive head shot deer in the wild and the park . Got to admit I feel much safer hitting the bonce in the park. Always a back up if something went wrong with a fence to stop them getting away. Dont see the problem with putting the video on the site myself!

ATB Steve

+1 Sussex Fallow. Theres a time and a place and you definitely have to be experienced and confident in your own ability's and equipment.

if your confident and the gear is up to it then there's no problem head shooting.

Nicely done, this type of shooting is not easy lots to take into consideration

To get it right.