Thread: Vertebrae Muzzle Brakes from Norway

Vertebrae Muzzle Brakes from Norway

Ordered mine, online two weeks ago and it arrived a week later. It has military look to it but as it was being fixed to an LRS2 I wasn`t too bothered.

I operation, it is much better than I was expecting as it completely muted the recoil on my .308, so much so that I thought I was shooting a .22lr. I have pepper pot / Vais types on other rifles, which though effective, I would go for a Vertebrae any time.
    Here is a link to the company`s website (I have no connection to them whatsoever) It cost Eur 130, shipping was Eur 8. Service was fantastic. To order, Just specify the thread size and follow the payment instructions.

http://www.vertebrae.no/index.php?pa...k=1&Itemid=111
    Last edited by Conor1; 27-05-2012 at 17:40.

Hi
    Sounds good, could you post a couple of pictures please?
    Mick
    To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

A link has now been posted!

quite fancy a 30 cal brake got two high end engineering mates that may fancy a go at making one ,just an idea ?

It looks very much like the one that used to be on the Parker Hale Scout rifle.

As I understand it the effectiveness depends on the size, shape and angel of the slots. Bit like magna porting. There are several brakes with the same sort of shape offered out there which have slight differences. I seem to recall seeing a test on various ones in the past where they compared effectiveness but darned if I can remember where I saw it now .

I do recall that am American internet friend has a brake with similar looking slots on his 7mm Wildcat beast. A 7mm RUM in a very fast twist Lija barrel (1" in 7 twist) it is pushing the Hornady SST 160 grain bullet at 3400fps.

hi thats a decent looking brake how will it line up i got one fitted a few weeks ago and for it to sit level the guy had to machine microns off the inner tread so it was level on the barrel when you screwed on tight

Quote Originally Posted by steyrman View Post
    hi thats a decent looking brake how will it line up i got one fitted a few weeks ago and for it to sit level the guy had to machine microns off the inner tread so it was level on the barrel when you screwed on tight
    The good thing about this muzzle brake is that it can be threaded on as normal. Once lined up perfectly, a hex crew on the side tightens the whole thing up.