Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Removing a gun Cabinet

Removing a gun Cabinet

How easy it is to remove a gun cabinet.

Im moving my certificates to my new house and so i need to remove my cabinet. Its secured to the wall with bolts that 'wind' a nut back along their length as you tighten them and expand a metal jacket to grip the wall, kind of like a pop rivet!

Can i take these out easily?

Dan

Are they these (Rawlbolts)?

If so, just unscrew them. You'll be left with the expanding part in the wall but you can usually fish them out.

Drew

Yep just like that! glad its simple, means I dont have to buy a new cabinet now!

Sorry,

Next question is, how do i file for a change of address?

Do i do it with my current force or do i transfer the guns and just tell the police in the new area?

Can i put in for a variation and removal of supervision at the same time to save costs?

Dan

With a bit of jiggling you can usually retrieve the expander section as well. Having learn the hard way (which involved angle grinders and a lot of swearing), I now use the projecting thread type of Rawlbolt: http://www.rsrfasteners.co.uk/rsrcat...t1/page79.html

Can't help with the variation question but for address change you tell your current issuing force by post, (most forces have a form that you can download), they then inform your new force (if you change forces) or send a FEO round to check your new security arrangements.

At least that's how it has been for me on my recent move

Hello Mossy Dog,
    You must inform your FEO of your move ASAP. When you send your certificate in for the change of address which is free you can apply for a variation at the same time but it will cost 26.

as said tell them both,

as to the rawlbolts, if you re insert the bolt a few turns and push in, the whole thing should pull out.

as said tell them both,

as to the rawlbolts, if you re insert the bolt a few turns and push in, the whole thing should pull out.