Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: where do i stand

where do i stand

hi, my local permission which is just a mates farm thinks he has dog men going on the land,(local numpty) he has said if is see him do what i thinks best if i catch them using dogs. so what could i do by phoning the police anything else in my power legal.
    just a question not saying i,d do anything heavy handed.
    stav
    ps no live stock on the land
    if your going too be dumb you have too be tough

i would say dont aproach keep out of the way and video them and phone police when they are on and catch them at it ,atb wayne

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Stav
    Phone the police and let them deal
    As if the police can't do anything then wot chance do you hav
    The land owner is the only person who can sort it out properly
    But as they know there is a problem and now pass it on to you
    That becomes a bigger issue and one you don't won't to get to involved with unless you don't care about being unpopular and the trouble that may come with it

Quote Originally Posted by mereside View Post
    i would say dont aproach keep out of the way and video them and phone police when they are on and catch them at it ,atb wayne
    +1 avoid Face to face contact especially if carring your firearms

sounds best option as carnt shoot deer on there so take a camcorder most of time to film deer anyway. we have had this local lad as prime suspect but he was seen afew days ago having a good scout round without his dog and he always has it with him. he's not the sort to just go for a walk by himself.
    stav
    if your going too be dumb you have too be tough

Under no circumstances approach then with firearms stay calm and best try and get as much video evidence to build up a case and then get the police to deal with them.
    And oh lastly good luck cause you will need it buddy

If you can photograph or film him in the act , great , if you see him with the dog and cant film/photo the act , call police and tell them he is coursing then the offence is commited and they have to come out . Dont approach them in your situation , or , if you see him about you can make yourself known and challenge him , without a gun , and make it known he has been seen and you know his game

Get a couple of mates round and lie in wait

Have a chat in the sort of language they understand.

Make sure its a good chat so they dont want to talk again..

Only way with them sort
    Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...

Yes thats all fine for a while as they know exactly where your place is but do you know where they are.
    More importantly are you going to get a visit in the night I.E may be criminal damage to livestock/property.??
    How long can you keep looking over your shoulder,best get as much evidence and let plod deal with em that way you will keep your F.A.C.
    Last edited by maxtich; 29-05-2012 at 23:46.

Pheasant, that's a really good idea... NOT!

Seriously, espousing giving someone a beating, on a hunting/firearms forum, are you really that stupid?

And don't try and pretend that's not what you meant, it's pretty clear!

Quote Originally Posted by pheasant sniper 1 View Post
    Get a couple of mates round and lie in wait
    Quote Originally Posted by pheasant sniper 1 View Post

Have a chat in the sort of language they understand.

Make sure its a good chat so they dont want to talk again..

Only way with them sort
    Violence will solve nothing. If he is on the land on his own, then perhaps a word in his shell-like, but in a calm and friendly manner. Either make it clear that you know who he is, and that he shouldn't be doing what he's doing, or maybe you could come to some arrangement with him. After all, most farmers just want their rabbits controlled, so if he helps do that, and doesn't do damage or steal stuff, then what's the problem? If he's on the ground then he's another pair of eyes to help keep an eye on the place! If he has somewhere to hunt with permission he's less likely to go onto ground where he has none. He's a hunter like all of us, you might be surprised by the response if you offer to let him on the land legally (as long as he's only taking legal quarry of course)

If it's a group, gather evidence without approaching them, and pass it all to the police.