Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FEO Interview Tomorrow!

FEO Interview Tomorrow!

Hey guys, got the FEO coming round tomorrow night for my SGC licence, totally thought I was ready but having some last minute worries. Anything I should be looking out for?

Cheers

SGC? no problem, if you're not a member of a shoot just remember how much you enjoyed clay shooting at ****'s stag day and thought you might want to take it up as a sport.

Yep Ofcourse you did know plenty of tee and coffee and most importantly be honest and calm.

Unless you have a criminal record they have to give you a SGC its the law.
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

Oh no they dont You forgot

1 Why do you need it.

2 Where are you going to use it.

Just be honest and explain the reasons why you want it and that you enjoy your field sports/clay shooting. Should be no bother.

Even if you have had criminal convictions in the past, people can and do change, what you did say 10 years ago has no bearing on what you do today!!

Best of luck..

I think I am right in saying that a SGC will be issued unless the police are concerned you "present a risk to the public safety or peace", only a FAC requires the applicant to demonstrate to the Chief Const, that the applicant has "good reason" for wishing to posses a rifle.

Thank you Doghound you are correct you don't have to give a reason to own a shotgun other than you want one.
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus View Post
    Hey guys, got the FEO coming round tomorrow night for my SGC licence, totally thought I was ready but having some last minute worries. Anything I should be looking out for?

Cheers
    Yeah your girlfriend .

Why not apply for both,sgc and fac at the same time.

On reading the other posts in strathclyde they will ask where it is being used and phone the farmer ,wild fowling requires no written permission only a means of access in Scotland.

Ask your old man he will know for central constabulary .
    Last edited by widows son; 29-05-2012 at 07:53.

Quote Originally Posted by widows son View Post
    Yeah your girlfriend .

Why not apply for both,sgc and fac at the same time.

On reading the other posts in strathclyde they will ask where it is being used and phone the farmer ,wild fowling requires no written permission only a means of access in Scotland.

Ask your old man he will know for central constabulary .
    Haha the girlfriend will be walking home from work when the FEO is over, not taking any chances.

I would love to apply for the both of them but I've not got any permission for anywhere and its cost me getting her a kitten just to get the shotgun. Was thinking I could wait a year and then maybe try for the fac.

I'm with the central police and have heard their pretty tight due to dunblane and the old man stays down in d&g.

Thanks for all the info guys. Will let you's know how it goes.
    Last edited by Cyrus; 29-05-2012 at 12:07.