Thread Protection

cervus

During storage or transport with the moderator off of the rifle, I have used walking stickrubber ends to prevent the thread getting damaged.. cost 75p , alot cheaper than screw on fitment, correctly sized it just sits tight and pops on or off as required

you could also purchase at even less cost a nut of the same thread size.
or even lash out and get a mate with a lathe to tun it to fit.

Thread Protector

Hi,Kent..the nut idea is fine..the rubber has the advantage of keeping debris andmoisture out of the barrel and protects the crown

Cervus, the mind boggles to what you do with your gun when not in use- but i can see it would.

If you took a shot with it stll in place i wonder how far it would go? with the force of compessed air behind it ?

I use a bit of electrical tape over my muzzle on rainy days in a similar vien - it doesn't effect 1st round acuraccy.

Terminal effects of a rubber "bullet" on a deer would be interesting..the equivalent of giving the animal a good slapping! However, as I said in my initial thread, the rubber is most useful for use in the cabinet or transporting the gun ..not for field use, but if we carry out our pre-stalk checks there is no reason to forget to remove it, and as I ALWAYS use the 308 or 243 with mods. I thinkI would notice it! Cheers!.

Back