Thread: ANTLERS WANTED

ANTLERS WANTED

hello all

i am after any antlers that might be going spare to help a young lad (Richard) who makes walking sticks in his spare time to help support /fund himself through college.

ever since i have known Richard he would be in the woods tieing/wiring branches, he would show you even as a kid where in 1,2,4 ,5or more years time a good walking stick could be fashioned from a branch.

anyway this lad is putting himself through college and makes walking sticks in spare time to get extra money. He has all my antlers but as i only shoot for the table and most of thoses are younger beasts the antlers are not that good. also Richard tells me the antlers need 12-18 mths to dry out first.

if there is anybody that has any spare antlers in the atic or shed 12 mths old or more and want to donate them to a good cause Richard would love to have them .

i will pay any postage for the antlers so you are not out of pocket , i have had a walking stick from him with an antler mount from one i gave him 2-3 yrs back i must say it is a fantastic example of what he can do and i will recommend his sticks to anybody who is after one .
    this lad is not a commercial venture he is a lad putting himself through school trying to make ends meet doing something he loves.

if it is ok with admin i will try and post pics of my stick and others he has done.

PM me or email griffshrek1@aol.com if you have any and how much the postage would be and i'll ge the money to you for the postage .

regards.................neil

I haven`t got any antlers but fair play to the lad for getting off his arse and helping his own cause. The country needs more like him.
    basil.

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Neil

Whereabouts are you/Richard based? I've got some red deer antlers but don't fancy wrapping them using brown paper and string!

willie_gunn

Fleebay sometimes has a few up for auction and they seem to go for reasonable money. May be worth a few quids investment for a greater return once the sticks are made?

willie_gunn.

i live in a little village in sunny South Wales ,

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Neil

You have pm

willie_gunn

(p.s. good luck against Italy tomorrow )