Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How old is this Roe ?

How old is this Roe ?

I don't know its exact age but I have a pretty good idea. This Roe has come from Aberdeenshire, living on mixed arable land with intermittent conifer and broadleaved woodlands

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.JPG 
Views:	227 
Size:	419.4 KB 
ID:	15926
    Last edited by Glen Cadwallader; 29-05-2012 at 17:46.

I'm no expert but I know enough to know that no man can age this animal with any accuracy as we don't know where it's come from or the type of ground it lived on. Obviously it's more than 1 year old but after that we're guessing. However I'll take a stab in the dark to get it going and say 6 years old.

Having seen the picture of the head he may be a bit younger that 6. Maybe he's been eating too many sweets?

I'm doubtful that he's really old as whilst his teeth are well worn I would have thought that they would have been right down to the gums if he was into his ninth year but I could be wrong, it happened once before all be it many years ago! Pedicles don't look that short to me either for it to be 8 years+.
    We await with baited breath!
    Last edited by baguio; 02-06-2012 at 18:35. Reason: additional info

5~7. and as stated depends on ground

This Roe has come from Aberdeenshire, living on mixed arable land with intermittent conifer and broadleaved woodlands. If you are getting within a year / year and a half of its age I think that would be fine.

Glen he looks about 3 years old but what do i know .

He may have been old but he was a sneaky bugger eh Glen

I'd go with 4-5

http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...nexpected+buck

I shot the one in the above link and there is a photo of his teeth in the initial post, I/we reckoned he was probably 9-10.

Ali

Depends on the ground but I don't think he is so very old, middle aged if I have to take a stab at it would say not much more than 5.

I'd have a guess at 6-7 years.

DC