Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: stag1933

stag1933

I dropped in on Hubert on Sunday to pick up some items I purchased from him a little while ago. My stalking partner and I spent an all too brief period 'talking stalking' with him and I'd still be there if it were possible. WHAT a collection of trophys and some fantastic stories to go with them.

Hubert, if you're reading this, if you haven't already starting penning a book about your experiences, please do. I for one would love to read it.

The stalking directory at its best!

Novice

Fecking hell Novice
    When I first started to read this I thought .. Well a lump was starting to build
    Jeez
    Good to hear H is still going strong and yes
    I 2nd a vote on his memoirs

Quote Originally Posted by stone View Post
    Fecking hell Novice
    When I first started to read this I thought .. Well a lump was starting to build
    Jeez
    Good to hear H is still going strong and yes
    I 2nd a vote on his memoirs
    I had the same thoughts Rich.
    Huge respect for the man.
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

I have sat and listened to Huberts stories and experiances . I agree what a read his memoirs would be , especially if they include his dry sense of humour .

Chill

+ 1 to all the coments , stag 1933 gave me the opertunity to stalk my 1st deer , and has a welth of of storys and info on deer . told in a way that only he can , that would be a best seller

go for it hubert !

all the best
    mike

ZEISS PRO STALKER

Glad to hear my sentiments echoed by others. You only have to look at the variety and number of roe malforms hubert has on the wall to realise how many deer he must have accounted for. Those things dont come along every day! All that stalking will have brought knowledge and experience that will make for a cracking read. Come on hubert, you will have it bashed out for this years christmas best seller's list no problem!

Novice

Quote Originally Posted by calton moor range View Post
    + 1 to all the coments , stag 1933 gave me the opertunity to stalk my 1st deer , and has a welth of of storys and info on deer . told in a way that only he can , that would be a best seller

go for it hubert !

all the best
    mike
    This was the one, many, many moons ago on Kirkstone Pass, Cumbria.
    I still use the Stanley stainless-steel thermos flask which you sent me that Xmas.

Time flies, I am 79 today.
    Regards to all, Hubert H.

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Quote Originally Posted by stag1933 View Post
    Time flies, I am 79 today.
    Regards to all, Hubert H.
    Congratulations and Many Happy Returns!

willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Hubert congrats mate and may you have many more.

79 today? Congratulations and many happy returns!

Your knowledge and passion comes across in every post, and I agree that if you were to write a book about hunting, and your experiences a lot of people would buy it. I certainly would! Perhaps you should plan to release it as an 80th birthday present to yourself, and the hunting world!

I'll raise a wee dram of the good stuff to your health this evening Hubert.