Thread: Schmidt & Bender 4-16-50 Precision Hunter

Schmidt & Bender 4-16-50 Precision Hunter

I am in the process of purchasing the above scope! Has anybody have any feedback on these scopes? i am hoping it should be good? fitting it to my tika 308.

Any feedback would be helpfull

Hi Von

Don't know if you noticed it or how far down the road of purchasing the S&B you are, but there is a 4-16x50 Swarovski just come up for sale on the classifieds. I use the 6-24x50 version of this scope and for the money think they are hard to beat. My mate uses 2 on his rifles. Speaking to Callum Ferguson recently he also said that it was the one Swarovski scope he wished he could still get his hands on!

For 750 it may be worth a look as an alternative.....

Cheers

Hi Jamross

Yes i seen the Swaro scope for sale! the problem i have is that i am doing a deal for the S&B scope by carrying out a few days work for a local supplier that i work for! So it is on it's way!

Thanks anyway

my understanding is they are identical to other S&B's but have the windage and elevation turrets installed and will allow for adjustments out to 500 yds or so. I looked into it but decided it would be cheaper to have the turrets retrofitted to an existing S&B at about 120 euros per turret.

I'm sure it will be VERY nice though

Quote Originally Posted by jamross65 View Post
    Hi Von

Don't know if you noticed it or how far down the road of purchasing the S&B you are, but there is a 4-16x50 Swarovski just come up for sale on the classifieds. I use the 6-24x50 version of this scope and for the money think they are hard to beat. My mate uses 2 on his rifles. Speaking to Callum Ferguson recently he also said that it was the one Swarovski scope he wished he could still get his hands on!

For 750 it may be worth a look as an alternative.....

Cheers

Got one of those Swaros from McLeods last year at under 1K , brand new, excellent piece of kit. Already had an other, which made the decision for me.

Having said that . I also have an S & B Zenith 3-12x50 which is a great stalking scope IMHO. All the best with your S & B

I had the 3-12 a few years back and only got rid because I didnt like the FFP ret. Very nice scope otherwise and the turrets are useful.

i had a 4x16x50 precision hunter a few years back, i sold it when i was really short of money, its a shame because next to my Z6 its the best scope i ever owned, regret having to let it go now
    7mm-08 of course!