Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In praise of my area Firearms Department

In praise of my area Firearms Department

Dropped my FAC in by hand on Friday 18th May, returned this morning with requested variations added - 8 business-day turn around. Truly outstanding, efficient and courteous service. Can anyone beat that?

What, are they on a go-slow up there?

Plenty of examples of speedier turn-around if you do a search of the threads.

Don't be so harsh them, poor old police, they can't win sometimes!

Grampian were great to deal with when I was up there really quick turn around.

I moved up from Norfolk last year mid-way through my FAC applciation, I can't fault either region.

Just got a variation from Wiltshire - 12 minutes.......

Dropped it in, they said to wait and back it came.

Love Wiltshire!

I handed mine in to Strathclyde for a variation on 29th May, got it back by post today 1st June.

Quote Originally Posted by Virbius View Post
    Dropped my FAC in by hand on Friday 18th May, returned this morning with requested variations added - 8 business-day turn around. Truly outstanding, efficient and courteous service. Can anyone beat that?
    Hi Virbius
    If wiltshire took 8 days we would be sending in letters of complaint i also took mine in today for two variations one was a second 308 i didn't time them but it was about 10-15 minutes
    Geordie

Quote Originally Posted by Virbius View Post
    I dropped mine in by hand to be told that theyd accept it just this once, but next time to send it by registered mail!!! Very unhelpful......

12mimutes seems to be the record here, I posted mine weds evening and got mine back Friday morning I thought that was double quick met police at dulwich.