Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SCI medal award

SCI medal award

I have just returned from S.A where I took a gold medal Blesbuck, I'm haveing it mounted and would like to know how I can get the SCI medal award, any help appreciated. deerwarden

Tony Dolby Welsh i am sure dose it most of the CIC guys do.

You need to be a member of SCI first. And then find an official measurer in the UK or better still get it measured in Africa and then get it shipped over as I would assume you will find more official measurers in Africa than the UK. However I think if you contact the UK chapter of SCI they will point you in the right direction. I believe there is a measurer in North West Kent.

Good luck

Don't bother with SCI, the entire organisation is designed to maximise the amount of revenue it accrues every year. The measuring criteria for SCI are very relaxed and the scores needed to get a medal are pretty low, thereby encouraging people into the top trumps madness which exists in the US currently.

CIC are the only organisation who award points for the fact a trophy is mature, which is important, as responsible trophy hunting should be focussed on harvesting mature male animals at the end of their breeding cycle.

I tend to agree with danpd, i am a member of SCI as the Agent who i hunted with in Maurituis made me a member so the Rusa stag i shot could be measured (see my gallery) and it has been ranked number 1, can't say i'm not chuffed about it, but the guff i get through the post and in e-mails from SCI has to be seen to be believed, really not worth reading.

The other option is get it measured for Roland Ward, it will make 'The Book' if at least one of the horns are 42cm.

Moose

Moose,

You really ought to attend the Convention at least once. Reno next year. I did Vegas this year and have so many contacts for USA that I can't really have evaluated on t'interweb.

Stan

Hi Stan, i was at Vegas this year also, but only for one day as i was there on business and managed to sneak away for a day, was an amazing show and would like to do it again, will need to get some business contacts in Reno

Moose

Moose,

I was there for the whole show and needed all four days to get round everything.

Stan

Quote Originally Posted by deerwarden View Post
    I have just returned from S.A where I took a gold medal Blesbuck, I'm haveing it mounted and would like to know how I can get the SCI medal award, any help appreciated. deerwarden

Are you having it mounted over there.

Yes I am, at Human taxidery in Port Elizabeth where there are now, it would be nice to get some kind of medal to go with the mount as well, any ideas appreciated. deerwarden