Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suction mount worklight

Suction mount worklight

Have a need for a 12v demountable worklamp with a suction cup base and can only find magnetic ones - and they don't stick too well to an ABS hardtop!

Any recommendations or sources?

I did consider something like that but the handle has to swing up into the upright position to make the vacuum/suction, so it limits where you can attach to. And can't drill the base otherwise it won't work.

Velcro a bit of steel to the underside of the hardtop.
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Not so easy. It's a double skinned ABS Aeroklas one - great for insulation for the dog in summer and no condensation in winter - but not so good for attaching worklamps to apparently! I'd also want some freedom on where I could place the lamp, so a single mounting point wouldn't be ideal.

Next!

Or one of these if its just a worklight. I have one of these but they are cr4p for anything other than as a worklight, white one side and red the other.

Suction light
    Quad sticks

OK, velcro the steel to the top of the thing! lol
    Quad sticks

Quote Originally Posted by limulus View Post
    Or one of these if its just a worklight. I have one of these but they are cr4p for anything other than as a worklight, white one side and red the other.

Suction light
    Getting there but a bit pricey just for a worklight - wouldn't need a remote of course - unless that is you want to out your cr4p one for, say, 20!

Getting there.....but not enough to part me from this wonderful piece of engineering that has great sentimental history and will soon have historic significance in the lamping world
    Quad sticks

How did this thread go from me requesting some information about the lowest form of automotive lighting, to being schmoozed into buying an over-complicated, overblown and (previously) cr4p method of illumination?

You don't work in the ice cream trade and have responsibility for the inuit nations by any chance do you?