Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Old Keepers Tale Or Is It?

Old Keepers Tale Or Is It?

Local farmer phoned me on Sunday afternoon regarding having found a fox den at the side of a silage pit. I went up Sunday evening and shot the vixen and three cubs. On Monday I was speaking to Dean (on here) and he says "they say that if you shoot the vixen and cubs the dog fox goes on the rampage". I laughed and said that this particular farm has no chickens, the lambs are now fairly big and the calves are even bigger, what is the dog fox going to rampage on.

Was back up today, sadly I had forgotten about the farm's two peacocks that are in a fairly secure pen at the back of the farm. Both dead and half eaten.

Maybe there is some truth in the old saying.

and the vixen hasnt been on the rampage?

Quote Originally Posted by bobt View Post
    and the vixen hasnt been on the rampage?
    Not if he shot it on Sunday night!

Shoot one of the feeding team and yes the pressure is on the one left. I would suggest you shoot the dog and cubs and that will help..............

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    Local farmer phoned me on Sunday afternoon regarding having found a fox den at the side of a silage pit. I went up Sunday evening and shot the vixen and three cubs. On Monday I was speaking to Dean (on here) and he says "they say that if you shoot the vixen and cubs the dog fox goes on the rampage". I laughed and said that this particular farm has no chickens, the lambs are now fairly big and the calves are even bigger, what is the dog fox going to rampage on.

Was back up today, sadly I had forgotten about the farm's two peacocks that are in a fairly secure pen at the back of the farm. Both dead and half eaten.

Maybe there is some truth in the old saying.
    Indeed there is a bit of truth in it, same thing happens if you kill cubs but don't get the vixen, sit out at the den on the evening you get the vixen and cubs and you have a good chance of getting the dog. much more effective
    if you clean up the whole family

Oh and you will be to late now the dog will have moved any remaining cubs.

Good friend of mine who doubted this theory aksed ...if you killed the vixen with your car would the dog come and slash your tyres

if your gonna do that sort of thing you gotta do for all of em

your better to get the pair first , get her first , the dog wont move them , get him then the cubs . If you get the pair and dont have time to sit out for the cubs dig some rabbit cages into the mouth of the holes , little bit of rabbit for bait and their soon caught . Ive never seen one go on a spree after clearing up the litter but the old boys said they would

Certainly was my intention to clear out the lot including the dog but he never turned up. He won't be around for much longer. I just wondered if anybody else had a story around the same sort of circumstances. Is there truth in the tale?

[/QUOTE] - Oh and you will be to late now the dog will have moved any remaining cubs.

I didnt thought the dog would move the cubs?? or am i wrong?
    Last edited by AndrewT059; 01-06-2012 at 07:43.