Thread: Blue Cheese and Venison??

Blue Cheese and Venison??

I was out to dinner in Yellowstone National Park this past weekend and ordered a dish based on elk and buffalo. Another person had a dish with a blue cheese cream sauce which I tried on the game meat. It was excellent. Blue cheese cream sauce is a little off of my current diet but at least I'll no longer shudder when i read of you guys having cheese(s) with venison.~Muir

A wedge of Stilton in with my venison burger. I have just had lunch and it is still making my mouth water just thinking of it!

There is a kebab shop near my work that does a "scots special" pizza which is blue cheese and lamb (not sure what exactly is scottish about it!)
    It is delicious, I was sceptical when I first heard about it but it is really really nice, cheese and meat go well together.

One of my favourites is a nice venison steak fried with some mushrooms then melted Saint Agur cheese poured over with chips. truly delicious!!

ATB steve

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    I was out to dinner in Yellowstone National Park this past weekend and ordered a dish based on elk and buffalo. Another person had a dish with a blue cheese cream sauce which I tried on the game meat. It was excellent. Blue cheese cream sauce is a little off of my current diet but at least I'll no longer shudder when i read of you guys having cheese(s) with venison.~Muir
    I`m not saying i told you so but .................................................. .................................................. ....................................... i told you so!!
    Glad you enjoyed it Muir.
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

Blue cheese pear and venison are all good friends, Saddle of roe, nice and pink in a salad with ripe pear and stilton is very very good.

Salad? Pear?? Ok. Listen: There are limits to how far I can go without being tossed out of Montana. I can't even mention the blue cheese to anyone. I mean, I had to go to Wyoming just to try it.~Muir
    ( )

PS: Thanks for being gracious, Basil!

You're right Muir, the salad is just the start, before long you'll be using moisturiser and hair products and California will be the only state left that will take you...

Quote Originally Posted by Tom D View Post
    You're right Muir, the salad is just the start, before long you'll be using moisturiser and hair products and California will be the only state left that will take you...
    That's what I'm talking about! Can't get too Birkenstock-ish or I'll be in trouble. ~Muir

(PS: California already threw me out. That would leave... Connecticut or Massachusetts; the other Warm and Fuzzy States. No. Wait a minute. I was tossed out of Massachusetts, too. )

North Eastern Victoria Australia Mitta Mitta Sambar country.
    Deer Dog Available
    I will eat blue cheese over any other...oh yes,the best and if it has a bit of nose to it even better.