Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 5 days stalking Scotland for 400

5 days stalking Scotland for 400

Ok chaps have revamped the week.

Arrive on the 23rd September leave 29th September. Stalking over 8000 acres for Jap Sika and Reds. Total outings 9 if wanted. NO KILL FEE on spikers. Max 6 clients. One place booked so 5 places left.

Accommodation on my lease including all linen, heating etc 210 each. Buy and cook your own food.

Total for the week 610.00. Damaged vension to be paid for.

AW avaialble to sign off if required at no extra charge.

PM me for more details

Sikamalc.

Sounds like a cracking week to me and no doubt a few drams!

Day after my Birthday, I now know what to say I want as a present!

malc what are the fees for above spikers please.

chris

Quote Originally Posted by chrisc View Post
    malc what are the fees for above spikers please.

chris
    In this thread it says

Mature beasts would carry a kill fee 350 either Red or Sika

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

There is no kill fee for spikers, however I am limiting it to 2 per day if you get lucky. There are no trophy animals to be shot on this trip as I have rejigged the whole week.

Basically you get 5 days (although 9 outings) plus the accommodation for the week including linen, elec, gas and towels for 610 for the week. Pm me for my mobile number if you want to chat and I can give you more details.

AW to sign off if you wish, no fees just the fee for the week.

Best wishes

Malc

SM

What are you classing as venison damage and why the penalty? Stalking and shooting deer can be hard enough so if you could never expect to take all the wild venison off your ground in perfect condition for the game dealer, why penalise the stalker? It's not as though it's a farm. It's not my wish to hijack your reasonable offer but I would like to know why people charge for this?

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Homes View Post
    SM

What are you classing as venison damage and why the penalty? Stalking and shooting deer can be hard enough so if you could never expect to take all the wild venison off your ground in perfect condition for the game dealer, why penalise the stalker? It's not as though it's a farm. It's not my wish to hijack your reasonable offer but I would like to know why people charge for this?

Frank
    If you have been stalking long enough it is common practice across the board. In many instances it helps cover the cost of the lease, which is not cheap.
    If you dont like the offer then simply dont book!

If you can find a week in Scotland with accommodation for cheaper than the price offered I suggest you take it.

Furthermore you are the person pulling the trigger, not the guide and if its blown in the guts the whole carcase is condemmed and cannot be sold into the food chain and a good Red Spiker would gain a lease holder about 90 to 100, which he has just lost through bad shooting.
    Last edited by sikamalc; 03-06-2012 at 07:22.

Would absolutely support Sikamalc on that and confirm its fairly standard practise to have such charges. The venison value is a significant element of defraying the loss for the year - more or less forgotten how to spell profit!

If through poor bullet placement, inappropriate calibre/ bullet choice or a combination of both that value is lost it does not seem unreasonable to levy for that - so long as all parties agree position in advance.

Like most everything else, it can be open to abuse - but that's another benefit of SD, you know who you are dealing with and there is a wide open public reputation at stake - not just Sikamalc, but applies all those on here.

FrankH perfectly reasonable question on your part and equally a part of the openness mentioned above. It can vary from provider to provider in terms of circumstances and damage. It's always a good idea to be clear at the outset so as to avoid issues after the fact.

In terms of damage, much will be dictated by the terms of the receiving game dealer - many refusing or down grading carcases shot back of the 5th / 7th rib, or damage to saddle - just for example.

Looks a good deal to us and pointed it out to a few clients yesterday as such.
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

in lay term then if you gut shoot,saddle shoot ,or whack one up the jacksey expect a charge ....seems fair !
    atb
    norma

ps good hunting