Thread: Selling Boar meat?

Selling Boar meat?

My vet asked me a question earlier about Boar which I couldn't answer but I'm sure somebody can. Somebody he knows locally (Suffolk) is thinking of starting a Boar farm. He is an experienced stalker of deer and asked the vet the limitations on selling boar meat? The wild game guide covers large wild animals i.e. deer but what about boar? I am a registered food business myself, but could I legally sell boar meat? I know DEFRA have given advice on minimum recomended calibres to shoot them with (.270) but apart from that seem to be in denial that they are in existance? I told him to register on here and ask questions so I'm sure he will be along shortly! Where do you draw the line between wild, free range and farmed?

I am pretty sure you will have to get the carcase tricanell tested this can be done by your self with a kit from defra i think but not sure on that one best to inquire ,your county council may be able to advice or will know where to get the information from , the BASC may have such information on it ATB ON THIS ONE MUDDY

I am pretty sure you will have to get the carcase tricanell tested this can be done by your self with a kit from defra i think but not sure on that one best to inquire ,your county council may be able to advice or will know where to get the information from , the BASC may have such information on it ATB ON THIS ONE MUDDY

So if I wanted to buy some from somebody who shoots them, could I?
    Brian