Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Remmy 700 feed issue

Remmy 700 feed issue

Got Michelles Remmy 700 yesterday. Fired a fair few shots through it and great groups but there appears to be a feed issue where the round if fed gently it doesnt feed into the chamber and gets jammed at an angle. Also even rounds that are fed correctly have scratches in the brass on the sides. The shop said its not a problem and they will take it back but before I do I want to check it is not just a simple problem to fix as I cant be arsed for it to have to go off for a repair when I might be able to fix it. Anyone had this issue??

Cheers

pete

Short action I presume?
    Some rifles seem to feed ok with short action cartridges others don't, not only a remmy thing.
    I just converted all my rifles to AICS magazines, not because I like magazines but because of the feeding issue.
    My next 308, an Argentine Mauser might end up with an AICS if she doesn't behave. Sorry I'm of no help.
    edi

I had the same issue together with it would not pickup round 4

I had it from new like it. Turns out the follower was incorrect. Custom shop Changed it and presto.. All been perfect for last 10+ years. No more scratched up /jamming rounds

The follower just slides off the spring with a bit of force.

If you can put a photo up of the follower I can tell you if it's the same as the one I had.

Hope this helps
    UK Guy

It is .243 and I shall try and get a pic of it it.

Cheers Gents

Mines. .243 ..

if its not fitted with a milled follower and just the stamped on change them out if you look on midway uk for the remmy followers you will see the difference in the two the milled one always feeds better in all the rifles i have built

sorry to sound a little contravertial but it one of the reasons i got shut of mine, it a rifle thats been around for years so why havent problems like this been sorted by remington
    couldnt fault it as far as accurate goes as it was on the money but the bolt felt sloppy it didnt feed right and i just got to the point where i hated it and would never pick it up
    "why are there so many ad on's and upgrade parts for them ??"
    i own a tikka now and love it but hell what do i know haha personal choice eh, as the kiwi's say ya either a ford or a holden man
    all the best pal and hope ya sort it
    jimmy

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy milnes View Post
    sorry to sound a little contravertial but it one of the reasons i got shut of mine, it a rifle thats been around for years so why havent problems like this been sorted by remington
    couldnt fault it as far as accurate goes as it was on the money but the bolt felt sloppy it didnt feed right and i just got to the point where i hated it and would never pick it up
    "why are there so many ad on's and upgrade parts for them ??"
    i own a tikka now and love it but hell what do i know haha personal choice eh, as the kiwi's say ya either a ford or a holden man
    all the best pal and hope ya sort it
    jimmy
    Why?? .......................................... cost that's why. A stamped follower cost pennies a milled one costs more. All the time people buy the rifles with all their known faults why should they improve them?

When the punter wakes up and goes elsewhere there will much wailing and anguish at Big Green but in fact it's their own short sighted greedy fault.

Little hint guys there built to be uesed as tools and you dont go round tapping a hamer all day you use it as it was made for like a gun its been built to be used not played with .

Quote Originally Posted by batleyhunter View Post
    Little hint guys there built to be uesed as tools and you dont go round tapping a hamer all day you use it as it was made for like a gun its been built to be used not played with .
    I agree completely, trouble is the heap of crap wouldnt work correctly one the first shot! I have checked the follower is the right way round and it is, trying to get a picture up but my pc wont play ball. I just tried to load a bullet again and the follower lets the bolt pick uo the round and it goes up the ramp, follower then dips down, round then gets stuck pointing upwards. If this is done with force then now problems occur, well except for now slight scratches instead of deep gouges in the brass as I polished an burrs off.